Etna Volcano Half-day Guided Trekking Tour - Catania
OverviewDiscover the most interesting and 'less touristic' spots during your trekking tour of the fascinating Volcano Etna. The expert guide will take you to explore the history and also the nature of this incredible (and still active) volcanic mount!
Know More about this tour
This half-day tour includes a walk of about 2-3 hours through little challenging trails and is associated with the visit to a scroll cave lava (lava tube) during which you will be properly equipped with lights and helmets caver.
For this trekking tour, you can choose among different options. The 'recommended' route is the one leading to Valle del Bove, a spectacular and gigantic depression of several kilometres into which most of the Etna eruptions flow. Once there, you can also admire some of the summit craters from a privileged position.
Alternatively, you can take different paths to reach the so-called side craters, crossing the characteristic lunar landscapes that alternate with zones of unexpected vegetation. These side craters were born through some recent eruptive activity and they retain some morphologies related to the explosive and effusive activity of the lava: an example are the eruptive events of 2002 which formed numerous "mouths" and a fracture of about 4 km.
The whole trekking tour will touch routes with variable heights, from 1500 to about 2200 meters, which will allow you to enjoy beautiful views on the particular landscape all around you as well as on the sea in the distance!
Inclusions for Etna Volcano Half-day Guided Trekking Tour
- Expert tour guide
- Helmets and flashlights for the cave tour
Exclusions for Etna Volcano Half-day Guided Trekking Tour
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Please wear proper trekking shoes and clothes, a windproof jacket, and take with you some water and sunscreen.
Please note that this experience does not include transportation to the selected place.
If the weather conditions are too bad to do the tour safely, the activity will be cancelled and you'll be given a full refund
Departure point is from Trecastagni, 15km from Catania
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.