Etyek Wine Country Tour With Dinner From Budapest
OverviewSavor some of Hungarys delicious wines on this 4-5-hour wine tasting and dinner experience in the Etyek wine region. Leave Budapest in the morning or in the afternoon to explore this idyllic wine area, fted for its elegant white and sparkling wines. Absorb the vine-covered hills dotted with old cellars and grape presses, and visit three cozy, family-run wineries to sample four wines in each. Learn local winemaking secrets from each friendly host and finish with a rustic, 2-course Hungarian dinner. Enjoy personalized attention from your guide on this small-group tour, limited to 12 people.
- Dinner included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Fully narrated tour
- Small-group tour by minibus
Know More about this tourStart your experience with a pickup at your centrally located Budapest hotel, and drive to the Etyek-Buda wine region, about 30 minutes away. Admire the vine-coated hills as you approach the town of Etyek, the hub of this relatively young wine industry that started when German settlers planted vines here around 200 years ago.
Hear about Etyeks famous fresh and crisp white wines, typically grown from pinot gris and sauvignon blanc grapes, and its celebrated sparkling Trley wine. Then, visit Old Wine Hill where nearly 1,000 mostly disused wine cellars sprinkle the slopes. Enjoy the views over the vineyards, public grape presses and villages below as your guide explains more about the local soils and acidities.
Visit small, family-run wineries and sample four wines in each, along with tasty Hungarian snacks. In the morning tour you will get to see two wineries and in the longer afternoon tour you will visit 3 wineries. As you sip, learn local winemaking secrets from your friendly host usually the winery owner and winemaker rolled into one. Discuss each wine with the host and get a truly personal take on each variety youre tasting. Youll leave with a really intimate understanding of the traditions, peoples and countryside that make the wines here so special.
Afterward, enjoy a delicious 2-course dinner at a wine estate. If its summer, dine outside, or if it's winter, sit down at a table inside a cellar. Savor the classic Hungarian dishes and discuss your wine discoveries as you eat, perhaps enjoying some wine (own expense) with your food. See the Itinerary for a sample menu.
Lastly, drive back to Budapest where a hotel drop-off marks the end of your tour.
Inclusions for Etyek Wine Country Tour With Dinner From Budapest
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Visits to 2-3 wine cellars
- up to 12 wine samples with snacks
- 2-course dinner with water
Exclusions for Etyek Wine Country Tour With Dinner From Budapest
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Roasted duck leg served with green vegetables
- Chocolate mousse
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide in English, German and French
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Hungarian Wine Tasting with Cheese and Charcuterie in Budapest
- Szentendre Half Day Sightseeing Trip from Budapest
- Private Budapest Communist Heritage Tour - Life Behind The Iron Curtain
- Hungarian Folk Performance in Budapest
- Private Jewish Budapest Tour with a Jewish Tour Guide from a Holocaust Survival Family