Evening Excursion: Ganga River Walking Tour With Diner Overlooking The River In VaranasiWrite a Review
OverviewTake a tour through Varanasi, one of the worlds oldest living cities, and along one of the worlds most revered rivers. Youll follow the path of the famous Ganga River on this evening walking tour. The Ganga River, or called Ganges, runs through the veins of Varanasi. Even locals regularly call out har-har Gange, meaning long live Ganga, and in the evening locals flock to the ghats to release lanterns and flowers into the water. Follow Varanasis veins straight to her heart on this spiritual tour of an ancient city.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- Dinner included
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourGet ready to absorb Varanasi’s energy, meeting your local guide and a small group at the PDR Mall Box Office on Luxa Road at 4pm. Be sure to dress modestly and wear comfortable shoes. You’ll follow lively streets to Dal Mandi, where silk and ceremonial items are for sale, and continue toward the colorful kite market, and Chowk and Vishwanath Gali shopping areas, the city’s largest silk markets, learning about silk’s importance for religious ceremonies. As you explore, you’ll taste included snacks, like malaiyo, a winter treat, or malai puri, a fried sweet pancake, and lassi, a tasty yogurt drink. You’ll wander to Dashashwamedh Ghat for evening Aarti, a spectacular ceremony where hundreds of people gather as candles flicker, smoke rises, incense wafts, and priests chant. You may be mesmerized as pilgrims offer flowers and candles to the river. As the ceremony concludes, you’ll walk along the serene bank of the Ganges, arriving at Dolphin Restaurant above Man Mandir Ghat for and included rooftop dinner with a glowing river view. Your evening will end at about 8pm, and your guide can help arrange a taxi to your hotel, or make recommendations about seeing more of Varanasi by night.
Inclusions for Evening Excursion: Ganga River Walking Tour With Diner Overlooking The River In Varanasi
- Local English-speaking guide
- One bottle of mineral water
Exclusions for Evening Excursion: Ganga River Walking Tour With Diner Overlooking The River In Varanasi
- Hotel pickup and drop-off is excluded
- Additional items of a personal nature
- Tips and gratuities for your guide
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A small group of a maximum of 12 people
Minimum age is six years
Note that the city of Varanasi is traditional and conservative, and you will be attending a religious ritual; therefore, we recommend modest clothing. Please also wear comfortable walking shoes.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.