Evening Excursion: Home Cooked Jaipur
OverviewNo doubt youve heard that Rajasthan is famous for two things - its food and its royalty. On this Jaipur evening excursion, were putting the focus on the food. Step into the heart of every Indian household its kitchen. This magical space is where spicy secrets and foodie fables are cooked up, both literally and figuratively. Become part of an Indian family for the evening, absorbing the intricacies of Rajasthani cuisine, mastering the finer points of local culinary techniques, and indulging in a rich family-food experience that will be one of those travel stories you tell over and over again.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- Dinner included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourMeet up at the entrance gate of the Crown Plaza Mall at 4:00 PM, youll work up an appetite by diving head-first into a local tradition Carrom, also known as Karrom. This strike-and-pocket table game, believed to have been a favorite of the Maharajas and Ranis of Rajasthan, is an Indian family tradition, and thus the perfect intro into local family life. With a rani in the center, pawns all around, and peculiar rules and techniques to guide your play, Carrom is a thoroughly fun game to learn and play. Post-Carrom, with excitement levels at a high, well head off to the local Jaipur market to hunt for fresh meat and vegetables, based on what youll be cooking that evening. Your local guide will give you the lowdown on how to navigate the vegetable bazaar and help you engage in conversations with the vendors and colorful Rajasthani people.
Youll walk through Jaipur, back to your hosts family home, where years of home cooking and masala secrets are waiting for you. This regions age-old culinary prowess involves a unique blend of rich, colorful spices, ancient herbs, mouthwatering curries, and a variety of other delectable dishes. Youll learn spicy secrets and tasty tips for mastering truly traditional (and rather scrumptious, as the locals would say!) dishes. Be sure to take notes of recipes and techniques and take them safely back home these notes are one of the best souvenirs in Jaipur.
Spend the rest of the evening enjoying your Rajasthani home-cooked meal with the family members of your host, learning local stories and experiencing first-hand the closeness of the Indian family culture. Ask questions, listen up, and immerse yourself in the ultimate Indian cultural experience. Savour the spices and the sweets were sure the taste of Rajasthan will spoil your taste buds forever. With a special homemade to-go packet of masala, as well as full tummies and hearts (and safely guarded cooking notes and recipes!), well depart our hosts home. Your local guide will drop you off back at your local Jaipur hotel, or assist you in finding transportation onwards to your next evening activity.
Inclusions for Evening Excursion: Home Cooked Jaipur
- Local English-speaking guide
- Visit to a local hosts home
- Market shopping and exploration
- Cooking lesson
- Recipes to take home
Exclusions for Evening Excursion: Home Cooked Jaipur
- Hotel pickup and drop-off is excluded
- Personal items at the market
- Tips / gratuities for your guide.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A small group of a maximum of 12 people
Minimum age is 6 years
Dress standard here is modest; we recommend you dress comfortably and conservatively, especially as youll be among family and friends. The cooking experience will involve you being in the kitchen, so wear something you are comfortable cooking in
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Jaipur Half-Day Cultural Cycling Tour
- Private Jaipur Day Tour with Lunch
- Private Wildlife Safari Tour in Ranthambore from Jaipur
- Private Pushkar Tour and Transportation to Jodhpur from Jaipur
- Private Day Trip to Keoladeo Bird Sanctuary and Chand Baori Stepwell Including Lunch and Gala Dinner
- Private Day Trip to Shekhawati Including Lunch in a Castle