Some local food tour highlights:
- Barbecue Kabobs: many different selections such as beef, lamb, chicken heart, veggie, and a lot more
- Stinky tofu: only if you are an eating adventurer
- Ma La Tang: a type of Chinese hot pot that is especially popular in the Sichuan province of China. Skewers of vegetables and meat are scorched in boiling soup), and you can choose between 5-8 different food items based on your preferences. After your food is cooked in the soup, it's time to have a bottle of beer or soft drink to enjoy the moment
- Guilin MiFen (rice noodles): Made using pork bone stock with rice noodles with greenery and peanuts. This is very popular to locals.
- Huguosi street food/snacks: Although the Huguosi Temple no longer exists, the street near the temple area later became a famous food street where you can find various local Beijing snacks. You will have a set menu with 12 different types of snacks, including the famous Douzhi, a drink similar to soy milk but it's made from mung; Jiaoquan, it looks like an onion ring but has nothing to do with an onion; and some preserved vegetables.
After filling your stomach, you will visit the Slow Boat Brewery Taproom to meet the locals and enjoy a glass of beer. You will find this brewery bar offers the largest selections of craft beer in Beijing, and the beer is always fresh and unpasteurized. No preservatives, no chemicals, just great beer proudly brewed in Beijing.
After your tour is finished, you will be transferred back to your hotel. If you wish to spend more time at the Slow Boat Brewery Taproom, your guide will see you off there.