OverviewRelax on the edge of Lake McLaren with refreshments, while watching the swans and ducks go about their evening’s preparations. Let your guide lead you onto calm Lake McLaren at dusk. Gently paddle into the night and discover the magic of the enchanting glow-worm canyon.
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourMagical, Enchanting, Surreal, Amazing!
If any of the above words described the activity you and your group are looking for the glow-worm kayak tour is for you.
This is a truly unique experience; while you can see glow-worms elsewhere in New Zealand, and you can paddle a sea kayak in many places around the world, this is the only place when the two combine for a magical evening. The tour is great fun with great refreshments, beautiful scenery, fantastic bird-life, and awesome glow-worms.
Enjoy wine from the award winning Mills Reef winery, delicate New Zealand cheeses and refreshments on the edge of Lake McLaren. Your guide will prepare and brief you on how to kayak effectively before launching you onto picturesque Lake McLaren at twilight to paddle to the mysterious glow-worm canyon.
The glow-worms are situated in a narrow, high-sided canyon at the top of the lake, not in a cave, so this tour only departs once a day before sunset so by the time you get to the glow-worm canyon its completely dark, as required to see the glow-worms to the best effect.
Paddling a kayak may be something you have tried before, but you probably havent kayaked at night (head-torches provided) and certainly have not kayaked in the dark to see constellations of glow-worms. It is a fully guided kayak tour, with professional guides leading your group and providing a fascinating and informative brief about the life-cycle and peculiarities of the New Zealand fungus gnat (glow-worms).
This is truly a magical and unique experience not to be missed.
Inclusions for Evening Glow Worm Kayak Tour In Tauranga
- Kayak and equipment
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Light refreshments
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Evening Glow Worm Kayak Tour In Tauranga
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Wairoa River Kayak Tour
- Waimarino Adventure Park
- Tauranga Shore Excursion: Waimarino Adventure Park
- Rotorua Full Day Tour Including Maori Culture Geysers Mudpools And Mt Maunganui
- Shore Excursion: Hobbiton And Lord Of The Rings Movie Set Tour
- Tauranga Shore Excursion: Small-Group Bay Of Plenty And Tauranga Tour
- Tauranga Shore Excursion: Scenic Lake McLaren Kayak Tour
- White Island Volcano Helicopter Flight With Optional Tour From Tauranga
- Tauranga Shore Excursion: Private Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland And Whakarewarewa Maori Cultural Village