Evening Volcano Adventure
OverviewThere’s something special about seeing the glow from lava waiting to rise to the surface at night from the summit of an active volcano. This tour to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, the State's only UNESCO World Heritage Site, begins before lunch, passing over Saddle road and exploring interesting sites along the way. Visit the birthplace of the Hawaiian Islands, walk sprawling lava flows and experience the beauty of the park in comfort in our full sized SUV and with your very own certified interpretive guide. End your day with dinner followed by a view of the glowing summit crater. This is one of the island's most popular tours. Not to be missed.
- Excellent value for money
- Ideal choice for families
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Small group ensures personal service
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tour
Begin with complimentary late-morning pickup from your Kona- or Waikoloa-area accommodation for a full-day, guidedtour to Hawaiis Volcanoes National Park.
Make your way to the famous Saddle Road, which traverses the island to Hilo, stopping to explore a lava tube and enjoy a picnic lunch. Then continue to Hilo, the Big Islands second largest city. Learn how the citys architecture and distinct local feel create a backdrop for the areas rich cultural and economic history.
Continue on from Hilo along the lower slope of Mauna Loa one of five volcanoes that form the island reaching the summit of Kilauea and Hawaii Volcanoes National Park around mid-afternoon. On arrival, pay a visit to the summit caldera to marvel at the current eruption during daylight, then immerse yourself in the parks unique landscape and geology on a short hike, visiting as many of parks individual climate zones as possible.
Following an afternoon of exploring, sit down for a leisurely dinner at Kilauea Lodge, sharing stories with your fellow tour participants while dining on a delicious pre-ordered meal. Please advise at the time of booking if you have any dietary requirements.
When the time comes,head back to the caldera to see its fiery glow under darkness. You'll then warm up with some hot tea or cocoa before settling in for thereturn journeyto your Kona or Waikoloa lodging.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
Inclusions for Evening Volcano Adventure
- National Park fees
- Picnic lunch
- Dinner atKilauea Lodge
Exclusions for Evening Volcano Adventure
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant meals are not included
Please advise of any specific dietary requirements (e.g. vegetarian) when booking your tour
Meals at Kilauea Lodge are pre-ordered to maximize time
Involves a moderate amount of walking
Operates rain or shine; please dress accordingly
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.