D1.ARRIVE IN LHASA
Upon arrival to Lhasa, you will be greeted by our Tibetan tour guide and driver who will transfer to your hotel in downtown.
D2.TOUR OF LHASA
Attractions:Jokhang Temple, Bustling Barkhor Street, Sera Monastery
In the morning your guide will meet you at the hotel and visit to Jokhang Temple located in the centre of the Old City. The most scared Jokhang is always bustling with pilgrims and is Lhasas central market.End your day with a visit to Sera Monastery in the afternoon featuring the philosophical Buddhist monk's debate.
D3.TOUR OF LHASA
Attractions:Potala Palace and Drepung Monastery
Today we will visit the famous Potala Palace, as is Tibets most well-known architecture constructed by the 33rdTibetan King Songtsen Gampo, in 7thcentury.In the afternoon, make a visit to the Drepung Monastery, the former seat of the Dalai Lamas and is one the worlds largest monasteries.
D4.LHASA (3600m) GYANTSE (3900m) SHIGATSE (3900m); 350km
Attractions:Yamdrok Lake, Mt. Nyechen Kangsar Glacier, Gyantse Kumbum Stupa and Pelkhor Choede
We will set out for Gyantse by driving on the Southwest road. Over Kampa Pass (4700m) you will catch the panoramic view of the holy lake Yamdrok backgrounded with the snowcapped Mt. Nyenchen Khangsar. Continue drive to Karola Pass (5150m) and visit Kumbum Stupa and Palkhor Choede Monastery until and in Gyantse. Furtherdrive 90km to Shigatse.
D5. SHIGATSE (3900m) EVEREST BASE CAMP(5200m); 350km
Attractions:Rongbuk Monastery and Mt. Everest Base Camp
We will drive to Mt. Everest Base Camp by crossing several huge passes along the way. When crossing over the Gawu Pass (5250m) you will have great panoramic view of the Himalayan Mountain Ranges and its mighty peaksMt. Makalu (8463m), Mt. Lotse (8516m), Mt. Everest (8844m), Mt. Cho Oyu (8201m) and Mt. Shishapama (8020m).
D6.RONGBUK(5000m) - SHEGAR SHIGATSE (3900m); 350km
It is the last view of the luminous peaks highlighted by the sun. We will return to Shigatse before lunch.
D7.SHIGATSE (3900m) LHASA (3600m); 280km
Attractions:Tashi Lhunpo, Yarlung Tsangpo River
This morning we will visit Tashi Lhunpo Monastery before making our way back to Lhasa.
Time to say our goodbyes! Our guide and driver will send you off at either the airport or train station.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Duration: 8 Days
Departure Details :
Your hotel in Lhasa
Cancellation Policy : Cancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
OverviewExperience the wonders of two of Tibets most important citiesLhasa and Shigatsebefore hitting the road to explore the worlds most famous mountain: Everest. Immerse yourself in mountain air, stunning views, and sky-high peaks before setting out to visit the ancient Tashi Lhunpo Monastery, the historic seat of the Panchen Lamas. Travel over high passes, sweeping grasslands, and see traditional nomadic homes as you go.
Know More about this tour
D1.ARRIVE IN LHASA
- All necessary travel permits to Tibet
- Entrance ticket fees for all the site-seeing spots listed in the itinerary
- Private transportation in Tibet (gasoline is included)
- Private, English speaking, local Tibetan tour guide
- Accommodation (Tibetan Styled Hotel or Normal Standard Hotel)
- Pick-up and send-off services at the beginning/end of the tour
- Breakfasts in hotels only
- Oxygen canisters
- Lodging and meals for guide and drivers
- First aid kit
- All government taxes
- Expenses of a personal nature (alcoholic beverages, laundry, phone call, etc.)
- International and domestic flight/train tickets
- Meals that are not specified in the itinerary (on average a meal in Tibet costs 5 USD per person)
- All personal expenses
- Gratuities for the guide and driver
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Book this tour before two weeks (Let us get sometime to process your permit)
Inform us earlier if you need our help to book domestic train or flight
You Might Also Like
- Visit Potala Palace With Local Tibetan English Speaking Guide
- Private Lhasa Airport Transfer
- Half- Day Potala Palace Tour from Lhasa
- Top 1 Day Lhasa Tour to See Potala Palace Jokhang Temple and Barkhor by Walking
- Lhasa Norbulinka Half Day Group Tour in Morning
- Lhasa Tour: A Glimpse of Tibet
- Private 3-Night Lhasa Highlights Tour Explore China Tibet