Everest Base Camp Trek - 13 Days - Kathmandu
OverviewEverest Base Camp Trek is a most popular trekking route in Everest Region. The Treks through the Everest or Sagarmatha National Park have inspired countless dreams and adventures, including visions of scaling the highest mountain on earth to those of getting a taste of the high mountains with a pack on their back and a camera in hand; ready to capture some incredible views of the lofty snowy mountain peaks that seem to grow in this region.Everest trekking or Khumbu trek is located in eastern Nepal and it contains parts of the Himalayas and the southern half of Mount Everest. The Everest national park was created on July 19, 1976, and in 1979 was inscribed as a Natural World Heritage Site. Sagarmatha is Sanskrit for Sagar = sky (not to be confused with sea/ocean) and matha = forehead or head and is the modern Nepali name for Mount Everest.
Know More about this tour
DAY 01 - KATHMANDU: ARRIVAL DAY
Welcome to Kathmandu, the capital and cultural hub of Nepal! Well be waiting with a warm greeting and easy transfer to your hotel.
DAY 02 - KATHMANDU TO LUKLA FLIGHT AND PHAKDING
After a short morning flight to Lukla walk through Chaurikharka village and descent towards Dudhkoshi Ghat (2,530m/8,300ft). The trail follows the bank of the Dudhkoshi River until Phakding (2,652m/8,700ft), where we will be staying for the night to acclimatize.
DAY 03 - PHAKDING TO NAMCHE BAZAAR
Well have breakfast in Phakding before gearing up for the trek to Namche Bazaar, the biggest sherpa village in Nepal.
DAY 04 - NAMCHE BAZAAR: REST AND ACCLIMATIZATION DAY
At this point, we take a well-deserved break! Today will be spent resting and allowing our bodies to become acclimatized to the lofty altitude.
DAY 05 - NAMCHE BAZAAR TO TENGBOCHE
Breakfast in Namche Bazaar fuels us for another day of trekking towards Everest Base Camp today! Breathtaking views of the Himalayas - Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Ama Dablam and many more.
DAY 06 - TENGBOCHE TO DINGBOCHE
Our trek today kicks off with a walk through the rhododendron forest to Deboche followed by a bridge over the raging Imja Khol River. Well pass the valley wall and then traverse the plains to Pangboche village, the biggest settlement of Sherpas in the region.
DAY 07 - DINGBOCHE TO LOBUCHE
From here on forth, the trek will move more gradually be more challenging, due to the higher altitude. Well pass Dungla, but not before a tough, steep walk to the top of a high hill. Here are the memorial stupas dedicated to the climbers and trekkers who lost their lives to Everest over the years.
DAY 08 - LOBUCHE TO GORAKSHEP AND EVEREST BASE CAMP, EBC TO GOREKSHEP
This is it! Our big day kicks off with an initial, relatively easy trek from Lobuche to Gorekshep. The subsequent, straight trail to Everest Base Camp is harder, involving rocky dunes and moraine, formed accumulation of unconsolidated glacial debris. On the way to our destination, well approach the famed Khumbu Glacier and icefall, located on the slopes of Everest.
DAY 09 - GOREKSHEP TO KALAPATHAR AND PHERICHE
Well wake before dawn today to trek towards Kalapathar (which means black rock) for a fiery, glorious sunrise over Mt. Everest.
DAY 10 - PHERICHE TO NAMCHE
The walk from Pheriche back to Tengboche is mainly downhill, although it does, counterintuitively, require an hour scaling a hill.
DAY 11 - NAMCHE TO PHAKDING AND LUKLA
After breakfast, we trek toward the Hillary Suspension Bridge and then pass through several local villages.
DAY 12 - LUKLA TO KATHMANDU
In the morning, youll hop a brief flight from Lukla to Kathmandu, where your journey both began and ends.
DAY 13 - KATHMANDU: DEPARTURE DAY
Departure to Airport.
Inclusions for Everest Base Camp Trek - 13 Days
- Pick up from Airport and Transfer to the hotel by private car
- Two night 3* Hotel in Kathmandu with Breakfast
- National park permit,Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) Permit
- All necessary paper works.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by car
- Flight Ticket (LUK-KTM-LUK) / domestic airport Tax
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1 porter for 2 clients)
- Travel and rescue arrangements.
- Last Night farewell dinner at authentic Nepalese restaurant with cultural performance
Exclusions for Everest Base Camp Trek - 13 Days
- Nepal Visa fee you may obtain easily in Kathmandu airport
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- All meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- All expenses in mountain over than Scheduled because sometime can be stuck in mountain due to bad weather delay flight or any reason
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, hot shower etc)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Ghorepani poon hill trek
- Mera Peak Climbing
- Langtang Region Panoramic Heli Tour
- Full Day Bhaktapur Changunarayan And Nagarkot Tour in Nepal
- Full Day Private Cultural and Historical Tour in Kathmandu Valley
- Kathmandu Shivapuri National Park and Nagarkot Hiking - 3 Days
- Bhaktapur and Kathmandu Cultural Tour
- Everest Circuit Trek