Exclusive Countryside Bike Tour, The North And Beyond - Amsterdam
OverviewJoin us for our bike tour through the beautiful Waterland north of Amsterdam. A lovely ride through the polder landscape that surrounds Amsterdam where we cycle through three little villages; Zunderdorp, Ransdorp and Dugerdam. On this unique tour we climb a more than 400 year old church tower and enjoy the spectacular view. The idea behind this countryside bike tour is to give you a more intimate experience with a smaller group so groups for this tour will be no larger than 10 people. The tour will be lead by a professional guide in English.The ride is a 5- 6 hour trip of more than 30 kilometers so you must be a good bike rider, able to complete the trip at a reasonable pace.Cost: 50 for adults, 45 for seniors and students. A 7 speed and dual handbrake bicycle is included in tour price.
Know More about this tourWe start at 10 am at our shop and meeting point with a short introduction and after that we bike behind the central train station where we will take a ferry to the north and start our adventure. Well ride up the North-Holland Canal to the outskirts of the city along dedicated bike paths (no car traffic) and enter from there the polder landscape that surrounds the city.
While in the countryside we will bike through the waterland landscape that encompasses the area north of Amsterdam. Your guide will explain how the area has changed over the centuries and how the first settlers of the area developed the landscape for agriculture. We will also bike through three separate little village in the north. The first if Zunderdorp, a pleasant little village with three distinct areas that developed over the centuries
Next up is Ransdorp, famous for being the birthplace of and home of Geertje Dircx, Rembrandts wet nurse. In Ransdorp we will stop and climb the tower of the more than 400 year old church with its amazing views of the countryside from almost 100 meters up. Also included in the tower is a room halfway up the climb that houses a display about the last major flood to hit the area in 1916. After the climb we will be stopping in a café for a bit of a rest and drink before continuing our ride, you will also have time to wander about the village and take some more pictures.
The third village is Durgerdam, a previously vibrant shipping village that was able, due to its location and proximity to Amsterdam, prosper throughout the time of Amsterdam being a world class shipping port that in the 1600s was the busiest in the world.
Other highlights include beautiful waterland landscapes with natural birdlife, working farms with sheep and cows, a ride on the levee with a view of the outer Ij and the Nieuwedammerdijk.
Coming back into town we take a second ferry ride and bike through the eastern docklands before finishing back at our garage.
Inclusions for Exclusive Countryside Bike Tour, The North And Beyond
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- Professional guide
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Bike tour
- Small-group tour
- Quality rain poncho
Exclusions for Exclusive Countryside Bike Tour, The North And Beyond
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not wheelchair accessible
Minimum age is 13 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Amsterdam Guided Tour of United East India Company and Maritime Museum with Art Historian
- Amsterdam Canal Cruise and Stedelijk Museum
- Small-Group Day Trip to Rotterdam, Delft and The Hague from Amsterdam Including Spido Boat Tour
- Amsterdam Super Saver: City Walking Tour plus Zaanse Schans Windmills, Marken and Volendam Half-Day Trip
- Keukenhof Garden Private Transfer with Entrance Tickets
- Private Amsterdam Walking Tour Including Refreshments