OverviewSintra, the Moon Hill, is a place full of magic and mystery, where Nature and Man have combined in such a perfect symbiosis that UNESCO has granted it Word Heritage Site status.In the 19th century Sintra became the first centre of European Romantic architecture. Ferdinand II turned a ruined monastery into a castle where this new sensitivity was displayed in the use of Gothic, Egyptian, Moorish and Renaissance elements and in the creation of a park blending local and exotic species of trees. Other fine dwellings, built along the same lines in the surrounding serra , created a unique combination of parks and gardens which influenced the development of landscape architecture throughout Europe.
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourYour journey to the royal village of Sintra begins with a hassle-free morning pickup at your central Lisbon hotel. Meet your guide and strap into your private car, then kick back on the brief but scenic journey into the Portuguese countryside.
Once in Sintra, stretch your legs and follow your guide to many beautiful spots. Throughout the day, visit the many lush gardens, explore Pena Palace, Quinta da Regaleira, castles and many more special places. Along the way, your guide will tell you about the history and culture of one of Portugal’s most astounding places, including how Portuguese kings once used it as their royal retreat.
To or from Lisbon, you will also have the opportunity to visit Monserrate Palace (according to timming), Azenhas do Mar, Cabo da Roca, and the stunning Portuguese beach town, Cascais. Relax on your way back to Lisbon, where your tour concludes.
Inclusions for Exclusive Private Sintra Tour
- Private tour
- Small-group tour
- Pick up and drop-off anywhere in Lisbon (hotel, cruise, anyplace)
Exclusions for Exclusive Private Sintra Tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.