Excursion To Cappadocia Private Full-Day Guided Tour - Goreme
OverviewYour eight-hour private guided tour will take you to the widest underground city in Cappadocia. You will delight in the only Roman mosaics found in the area and admire the magnificent frescoes in the hidden churches in one of the most beautiful valleys of Cappadocia. Round-trip transportation is included.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourYou will be picked up at 9:30am at your hotel by an experienced and licensed professional tour guide. You will be driven to a place near Goreme called Panoramic View, the best place to admire the beautiful fairy-chimneys below. The most magnificent landscape around Goreme has been formed from solidified lava streams, ash and tuff rock from volcanic eruptions millions of years ago. The stunning landscape of Cappadocia is the result of thousands of years of continual erosion, which has shaped the tuff deposits into extraordinary pyramids and cones. Your guide will provide information about how the landscape was formed and the history of Cappadocia.
You will then travel to Paaba, where remarkable mushroom-shaped rock formations can be seen in the middle of a vineyard; hence the name of the location, which means 'Pasha's vineyard'. 'Pasha' means 'general', a military rank, in Turkish. This sight is also called Monks' Valley. The name has come from some high tuff stone columns which stand apart, looking like monks.
Your next destination is Sobessos, a recently-discovered archaeological site from the Roman era, located near ahinefendi village. A large meeting hall with beautiful mosaics has been excavated. The site also contains a Roman bath with a well-preserved underfloor heating system.
After Sobessos you will take a short walk in Soanl Valley, where there are many different churches with reasonably well-preserved frescoes dating from the 10th to the 13th centuries. This is also where you can buy the most famous local souvenir, the Soanl doll. You will enjoy lunch in a restaurant at the end of the Soanl Valley.
Your last stop is at Kaymakl underground city, one of the largest underground settlements in the region. It is accepted as the widest underground city of Cappadocia, among the explored ones. The houses in the village are constructed around the nearly one-hundred tunnels of the underground city. The tunnels are still used today as storage areas, stables, and cellars. The underground city at Kaymakl differs from Derinkuyu in terms of its structure and layout. The tunnels are lower, narrower, and more steeply inclined. Of the four floors open to tourists, each space is organized around ventilation shafts. This makes the design of each room or open space dependent on the availability of ventilation. The number of the storage rooms in such a small area supports the idea that a great number of people resided here. Archeologists think that this could have been up to 3500 people.
Your excursion to Cappadocia you will be returned to your hotel.
Inclusions for Excursion To Cappadocia Private Full-Day Guided Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional art historian guide
- Private tour
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Excursion To Cappadocia Private Full-Day Guided Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 1-hour Hot Air Balloon Flight Over the Fairy Chimneys in Cappadocia
- Erciyes (Argaeus) Mountain Ski Tour from Cappadocia
- 2 Day Cappadocia Tour From Istanbul
- Private Tour: Cappadocia Hiking Tour
- Private Tour: Mazi Underground City Tour
- One day Konya Tour from Cappadocia
- Cappadocia Escape 2 Day Trip from-to Kayseri Airport
- Full day Cappadocia tour with sunset and a glass of wine