Experience Diwali: Celebrate With A Local Indian Family In JaipurWrite a Review
OverviewEnjoy the traditions and festivities of Diwali with a local family in Jaipur. A knowledgeable guide takes you shopping for colorful clothing before accompanying you to a local residence to join the annual celebrations of India’s Festival of Lights. Discover fascinating aspects of this ancient Hindu holiday, which includes temple prayers for prosperity and a traditional Indian feast followed by fireworks. Round-trip hotel transport is included on this small-group tour, limited to 12, to ensure a personalized experience.
Please note: This seasonal tour runs annually in October. The dates are subject to change.
- All entrance fees included
- Dinner included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Fully narrated tour
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Includes free admission to top local attractions
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Seasonal Offer
- Small group ensures personal service
- Small-group tour
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Vegetarian meal option available
Know More about this tourDiwali is considered one of the world's oldest religious celebrations, a Festival of Lights that honors the Hindu god Lord Rama’s defeat of the demon king Ravana. Traditionally, Hindus illuminated their village to welcome Rama home on a moonless night. Today, local residents all over India decorate their homes with clay lamps, or diyas, on Small Diwali, then purchase new clothes, offer prayers, light fireworks, and share a plentiful feast.
After hotel pickup in the late afternoon, your guide takes your small group to shop for Indian garments before the annual fall celebration begins. Skip the overcrowded marketplace and head to a specialty shop known for clothing and other sustainable products made by rural artisans who use traditional skills and hand-based processes.
Women can have fun trying on silk cotton saris, skirts and dupattas (long scarves) while the men in the group can dress in kurtas (long tunics) and nehru jackets. Shop assistants can help you decide what to purchase, but you won’t have to bargain since everything has a fixed price.
After shopping, head to the home of a local family and experience a traditional welcome with a beverage. Slip off your shoes to enter their home, where you can learn about Diwali’s history and its associated festivities as you sip chai tea and enjoy light Indian snacks.
People offer prayers to Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth, and Lord Ganesh in homes and Hindu temples, where doors and windows are left open to allow prosperity to pass through. During you visit to a home, see powdered colors poured on the floor to create intricate designs called rangoli. Women and girls can pay to have the palms of their hands decorated with henna in traditional Indian design patterns (see Additional Info for more details).
For dinner, your small group shares an authentic Indian feast with the host family. Dine on a selection of dishes accompanied by rice, Indian bread, salad, curd and pickle followed by desserts. When darkness falls, watch a fireworks display illuminate Delhi’s skyline and join the celebration as locals spark firecrackers in the streets.
Return to your Delhi with plenty of memories of the joyous occasion.
Inclusions for Experience Diwali: Celebrate With A Local Indian Family In Jaipur
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned car
- Traditional dinner
- Carbon offset certificate
Exclusions for Experience Diwali: Celebrate With A Local Indian Family In Jaipur
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Henna body art service available for USD $5.00 Please enquire with your tour operator for details
Please note that dress codes are conservative throughout India; modest and respectful clothing that covers the shoulders and knees is recommended
Extra caution is advised when lighting candles and fireworks
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Amber Fort Light And Sound Show With Dinner And Private Transport In Jaipur
- Private Jaipur Day Tour With Lunch
- Full-Day Jaipur Tour Including Amber Fort And City Palace With Lunch
- Day Trip To Pushkar From Jaipur
- Private Arrival Transfer: Jaipur International Airport To Hotel
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel To Jaipur International Airport
- India Golden Triangle Tours 6 Day With Private Budget
- Golden Triangle With Mumbai And Goa - 9 Day
- Golden Triangle (Delhi, Agra , Jaipur)
- The Rural Heart Of Rajasthan Best.Day.Ever.