Experience France: Learn How To Play Pétanque In Paris
OverviewPlay a leisurely game of French boules (balls), known as Petanque, just as the French do -- with a glass of wine in your hand! This popular game is played all over Europe but its roots are firmly set in France, where locals play it in just about every village. In Paris tranquil Dauphine Gardens, enjoy a 1.5-hour match and learn all the tactics and lingo to become a master at this much-loved sport.
- All necessary equipment included
- Free snacks included
- Free drinks included
- Ideal choice for families
Know More about this tourYour introduction to the game of boules starts in the elegant Dauphine Gardens, near Pont Neuf, one of Paris most iconic bridges. Meet your host here and learn the rules of the game before joining your teammates so the match can begin!
The game played is called Ptanque, a form of boules where metal balls are thrown from a standing circle toward a wooden ball called a cochonnet. The aim of the game is to knock your opponents ball out of the way. The most talented move is faire un carreau -- copying your leading opponent to take his or her place next to the cochonnet.
Similar to British lawn bowling, the popular game is played in towns and villages throughout France and is a sport dear to all French hearts its enjoyed by all no matter how young or old.
In between throws, chat with your teammates and enjoy the game just as the French do with a glass or two of wine (or a soft drink) and some nibbles. The game lasts roughly 1.5 hours, and you can chat with your host about the history and rules of the game if you wish!
Inclusions for Experience France: Learn How To Play Pétanque In Paris
- Boules game
- 2 glasses of wine
- Soft drinks
Exclusions for Experience France: Learn How To Play Pétanque In Paris
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Must be 18 years of age to drink alcohol
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Paris Night Combo: Skip-the-Line Eiffel Tower Tour and Seine River Cruise with Champagne
- Private Tour: Customize Your Perfect Day in Paris
- Lido de Paris "Paris Merveilles" Late Night Show with Champagne
- Skip-the-Line Entrance Access to Louvre Museum
- Professional Photo Shoot Walking Tour in the Center of Paris
- Paris Museum Pass and Seine River Cruise Including Delivery to Your Hotel