Experience Mexico City: Teotihuacan Pyramids By Metro And Dinner With A Local Family
OverviewLeave Mexico city behind on a small-group tour to the ancient Teotihuacan Pyramids. Meet the locals in the typical Mexican town of San Martin de las Piramides, visit the ancient monuments, climb the Pyramid of the Sun at sunset and join a family for dinner in their home. Travel like a local by public transportation with the assistance of your professional guide on this interactive experience that familiarizes you with everyday life in Mexico.
- All entrance fees included
- Dinner included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in central Mexico City and take public transportation to the town of San Martin de las Piramides to embark on a visit to the amazing pyramids of Teotihuacan. The UNESCO World Heritage site includes a museum where you can learn about the artifacts found in the area and see a reconstruction of ancient Teotihuacan's local houses.
Follow your guide to the impressive Moon Pyramid to learn the history and meaning behind this prime example of ancient Latin American architecture. Take a walk through the Calzada de los Muertos (Pass of the Dead) to reach the Pyramid of the Sun, the area's tallest and most spectacular monument, rising 206 feet (63 meters). You can enjoy the tranquility of this amazing site as you climb the pyramid and, once you reach the top, you'll understand why the Aztecs called this 'the place where men become gods.'
After exploring the pyramids, visit the local sights and step inside a local home to meet a family who produces one of the region's best pulque, the alcoholic beverage sacred to the Aztecs. The process, history and significance of this ancient drink becomes clear as you listen to your guide's expert commentary.
Leave the pulqueria and visit a cactus factory where candies and creams are produced from various varieties of cacti. After you sample the range of products, you'll have the opportunity to purchase souvenirs.
Continue your stroll through the town and visit a local family and enjoy cultural traditions, conversation and food as you share dinner in a local Mexican home.
In the evening, experience how locals travel around when you jump on public transportation with your guide back to Mexico City! Observe everyday life in Mexico City at the often busy and crowded stations.
Inclusions for Experience Mexico City: Teotihuacan Pyramids By Metro And Dinner With A Local Family
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees to museum and Teotihuacan
- Public transportation during tour
Exclusions for Experience Mexico City: Teotihuacan Pyramids By Metro And Dinner With A Local Family
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 6 years
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 6-Hour Private Guided Tour: Essential Mexico City Highlights
- Hike at Nevado de Toluca Volcano
- Mexican muralism
- Tour of Glowworm Nights from Mexico City
- Mezcal tasting and food experience
- Teotihuacan Pyramids Private Tour from Mexico City
- Mariachi and Mezcal Tasting in Mexico City
- ATV Tour in the Nevado de Toluca and Metepec from Mexico City