Experience Santiago: Private Food Markets Tour With Cooking Demo And Homemade LunchWrite a Review
From USD 170
OverviewGet a taste of Chiles culinary culture and cuisine on this private tour of Santiagos food markets, plus a hands-on cooking demonstration and seasonal meal in a private home. Enjoy appetizers and a cocktail followed by a main course, side dish, salad and dessert all paired with cheese and wine. Youll learn about Chilean culinary traditions as well as contemporary food culture from your knowledgeable host and chef, and receive memorable recipes to take home!
- All necessary equipment included
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup in Santiago, start your culinary adventure at two of the city’s most vibrant markets – La Vega Central and Mercado Central – for an abundance of local produce and fresh fish. Browse the aisles for spices and seasonal foods as you choose ingredients with your knowledgeable guide.
Next, head to a modern, private home located in the fashionable neighborhood of Vitacura, and meet your friendly culinary host and chef. Make yourself comfortable as you snack on starters and sip a quality microbrew or cocktail. Enjoy a fine selection of local cheeses, gourmet pate and spreads, and sopaipillas – delicious, deep-fried pastries made from pumpkin dough!
Learn about Chilean culinary history and present-day food culture with a quick introduction to the local cuisine as you watch the chef’s cooking demonstration in the kitchen. Look over a selection of cookbooks, and assist in preparing and cooking the meal if you choose.
Then, dine on a main course of fresh fish such as fried merluza austral (vegetarian or vegan dishes available upon request), along with a side dish like picante and a hot arugula salad – paired with a bottle of wine (Maipo or Casablanca Valley reserve). Make sure to save room for dessert – a rich selection of Chile’s favorite sweet dishes, including ice cream.
Enjoy delightful conversation with your host as you complete your meal with coffee or herbal tea. Before drop-off at your hotel, you’ll receive printed recipes of the food and drinks to take home with you, so you can show off your new culinary expertise!
Note: Options for vegetarians, vegans or other special diets are available upon request. Please inform the tour operator about any dietary restrictions in advance.
Inclusions for Experience Santiago: Private Food Markets Tour With Cooking Demo And Homemade Lunch
- Local guide
- Authentic Chilean meal
- All ingredients
- Cooking demonstration and recipes to take home
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip transport between local house and food market
Exclusions for Experience Santiago: Private Food Markets Tour With Cooking Demo And Homemade Lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.