OverviewExperience one of China's time-honored cultural traditions during this 2-hour pottery-making class in Shanghai. A perfect activity for the whole family, this workshop is led by an expert local artist. Learn about the history of this ancient Chinese art form and discover methods of shaping clay and crafting intricate decorations. Youll create your own piece of pottery to take home with you!
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Family friendly
- Ideal choice for families
- Led by a local guide
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourAfter meeting your guide in a central Shanghai location in either the morning or afternoon, head to a workshop for your 2-hour pottery class.
Enjoy being part of this time-honored cultural tradition of ceramics, an ancient Chinese art form originating more than 11,000 years ago. Learn from your instructor, an expert local artist, about the variety of construction materials used, such as bricks and tiles, and the products created, from hand-built pottery fired in bonfires or kilns to sophisticated porcelain wares made for the imperial court.
Get hands-on and discover several methods of forming and shaping clay and crafting intricate decorations and stylistic flairs. Use the various tools and equipment in the workshop with the help of your instructor to create your own pottery – a piece of true artwork to display proudly to your friends and family back home.
Inclusions for Experience Shanghai: Chinese Pottery Class
- Private pottery class
- Local English-speaking guide
- All art materials
Exclusions for Experience Shanghai: Chinese Pottery Class
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.