Experience Shanghai: Small-Group Tea Ceremony
OverviewExperience an authentic Chinese tradition during this small-group tea ceremony in Shanghai. Led by a tea master, youll sip rare tea, listen to soothing music, and enjoy fragrant incense while learning about the importance of tea in Chinese culture with the help of your English-speaking guide. Discover how to smell, taste and drink tea properly and learn about the evolution of tea, including its unique medicinal and spiritual properties. After sampling a variety of green tea, oolong tea, black tea and Pu-erh tea, youll perform the tea ritual youve just learned to show your tea master your new skills!
- All necessary equipment included
- Free drinks included
- Led by a local guide
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourMeet your local English-speaking guide at a local tea shop in Shanghai to begin your authentic tea ceremony. Over the course of the 2-hour session, youll enjoy unlimited samples of rare tea and learn about the importance of tea in Chinese culture from your tea master, an expert in art of tea.
With the help of your English-speaking guide, find out which occasions in China involve tea drinking and gain an understanding of how tea has evolved in China. Hear about teas medicinal properties, its ability to teach a respect for nature and its spiritual powers, known to create inner peace and calm.
Discover how to properly drink a cup of tea in order to experience its full effects. Go through the ritual of smelling and tasting the tea before and after adding the hot water. Then, sample green tea, oolong tea, black tea and Pu-erh (or Pu'er) tea, letting the teacup relax your hands and the steam sooth your eyes.
Youll also learn the specifics, including the implements needed to store tea leaves and ideal steep times and temperatures.
At the end, youll perform the ritual yourself to impress your tea master with your newfound skills. Youll leave this unique experience with a new appreciation for tea, as well as tips to make your own tea at home!
Inclusions for Experience Shanghai: Small-Group Tea Ceremony
- Private tea ceremony
- Local English-speaking guide
- All-you-can-drink tea
Exclusions for Experience Shanghai: Small-Group Tea Ceremony
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 3-Hour Walking Tour: Old Town Morning With Authentic Shanghainese Breakfast
- A Half Day Trip To Zhujiajiao from Shanghai
- Taste of Shanghai: Half-Day Cooking Class of Dumplings and Chinese Buns
- Private Day Tour: Zhouzhuang Ancient Water Village
- Chinese Acrobats and Shanghai Evening Tour
- Chinese Ramen and Steam Bun Cooking Class and Wet Market Visit