Exploratorium Admission: Thursday Evening Happy Hour - San Francisco
OverviewTinker, explore and play with hundreds of interactive exhibits at the Exploratorium in San Francisco during this After Dark event Thursdays from 6pm to 10pm. Mingle with other adults at this learning laboratory set on one of San Franciscos iconic piers along the picturesque Embarcadero. Enjoy the view of San Francisco Bay and the shimmering lights of the Bay Bridge through the large picture windows as the sun sets. People ages 18 and older will appreciate experiencing the intersection of science and art at the best place to immerse yourself in San Franciscos independent, innovative culture.
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourExpand your mind by exploring the hundreds of interactive machines, contraptions and artworks at San Franciscos Exploratorium, a quick 10-minute walk from the Ferry Building and a 15-minute walk from Fishermans Wharf. Head down on any Thursday at 6pm for the wildly popular After Dark event, when the museum stays open until 10pm for a full evening of adults indulging their curiosity about science and art. Each night revolves around a different theme. The Exploratorium is an intellectual playground for adults part art gallery, part museum, part laboratory with a dash of party thrown in the mix.
Work your way through diverse exhibits that explore cutting-edge technology, while a DJ spins music. Sip on cocktails (own expense) as you mingle with people and discuss the thought-provoking displays. Watch new exhibits be crafted right before your eyes in the Machine Shop and get hands-on experience in the expanded Tinkering Studio. The particular installations and performances vary each evening, but all attract a crowd as diverse as the exhibits, from scientists to musicians to fashion designers and computer programmers.
Learn about how people interpret their surroundings in the West Gallery and dont miss the installations that surround the beautiful waterfront building and form the Outdoor Gallery. Examine life at different scales, from tiny microbes to interconnected ecosystems, in the East Gallery. Then indulge in tasty appetizers and take in the spectacular bay view through the floor-to-ceiling windows at the SeaGlass Restaurant (own expense), a perfect way to cap off the evening.
Inclusions for Exploratorium Admission: Thursday Evening Happy Hour
- Evening admission to the Exploratorium
Exclusions for Exploratorium Admission: Thursday Evening Happy Hour
- Regular daytime admission to the Exploratorium
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Ages 18 years and older only
Coin-operated lockers are located just past ticketing and the Info desk
Guide dogs and other certified assistance animals are welcome
Wheelchair accessible. A limited number of wheelchairs are available for loan, free of charge, at the Info Desk on a first-come first-serve basis
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 24 Hour Hop On Hop Off Pass and San Francisco Zoo
- 3 Attraction iVenture Card San Francisco
- 48 Hour Hop On Hop Off Pass and San Francisco Zoo
- 5 Attraction Pass-iVenture Card
- Deluxe Sonoma & Napa Valley Wine Country Tour
- Escape from the Rock
- Hop On Hop Off 1 Day & Alcatraz
- Hop On Hop Off 24 Hour Bus & Bike Combo