Dive into a realm of hands-on curiosity, discovery and play at San Franciscos all-new Exploratorium, now located on Pier 15 between the Ferry Building and Pier 39. Bring the whole family along for a fun, interactive journey through fascinating scientific exhibits that will change the way you see the world.
- All entrance fees included
- Family friendly
- Popular choice with kids
Know More about this tourEnjoy a fun, family-friendly day full of fascinating hands-on discovery at the all-new Exploratorium in San Francisco, now conveniently located on Pier 15 along the Embarcadero between the Ferry Building and Fisherman’s Wharf at Pier 39. Your all-day admission ticket grants you full access to this museum’s amazing exhibits.
Take your time enjoying more than 600 multi-sensory exhibits occupying five different galleries: South, East, West, Central and Outdoor. A large number of these are brand-new exhibits designed specifically for the museum’s new Pier 15 location, so even if you’ve been to the Exploratorium before, there’s lots more to see!
From the physics of sound and movement to human, plant and insect anatomy to optical illusions to global ecosystems, the Exploratorium brings you into a whole new world of discovery, offering intriguing insights for everyone’s interests, whether you’re a kid or an adult!
Inclusions for Exploratorium General Admission
- General admission to the Exploratorium
Exclusions for Exploratorium General Admission
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Central Gallery: Seeing and ListeningExperiment with light and vision, sound and hearing, and motion and spatial perception. Our eyes and ears respond to light and sound waves, but these are just the first steps in perceiving the world. Playing with light and sound is the best way to learn how they work, and investigating real phenomena can also give you a deeper understanding of the scientific process.
West Gallery: Human PhenomenaExperiment with thoughts, feelings and social behavior to see how humans think, feel and interact. Here, you and others are the exhibit, so play with social interactions, observe others and contribute your reflections.
South Gallery: TinkeringThink with your hands! Making things and developing ideas by hand helps us construct understanding. So slow down, settle in and make something personally meaningful, from playful contraptions to surprising connections between mechanical systems and natural phenomena.
East Gallery: Living SystemsSometimes life is hard to observe, because it’s too tiny or fast or is hidden underground or in the ocean. Here, investigate the living world to discover what you’ve been missing! Use scientific tools to investigate living things of different sizes, the ecosystems they inhabit and the processes they share.
Outdoor GalleryOpen your senses to this place by the Bay! Investigate forces shaping the city of San Francisco, San Francisco Bay and the greater San Francisco Bay Area. Watch shifting winds and tides, reveal hidden life, shake a bridge, observe human behavior, and find new ways to notice the places we inhabit.
Bay Observatory Gallery: Landscape ObservationSee how natural and human forces interact to create the dynamic landscape surrounding us. Learn to uncover the stories embedded in a place by directly observing the geography, history and ecology of the San Francisco Bay region. The Observatory Gallery also offers incredible views of the Bay and the Bay Bridge!
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Wheelchair and stroller accessible
A limited number of wheelchairs and strollers are available for loan, free of charge. They are located at the Info Desk on a first-come first-serve basis.
Guide dogs and other certified assistance animals are welcome
Coin-operated lockers are located just past ticketing and the Info desk
Ticket purchase cannot be applied to an annual membership at the museum.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Yosemite National Park And Giant Sequoias Trip
- Napa And Sonoma Wine Country Tour
- Yosemite National Park Day Trip From San Francisco
- Muir Woods, Giant Redwoods And Sausalito Half-Day Trip
- Muir Woods Tour Of California Coastal Redwoods
- Big Bus San Francisco Hop-on Hop-off Tour
- San Francisco Vista Grande Helicopter Tour
- Skip The Line: California Academy Of Sciences General Admission Ticket
- San Francisco Downtown, Golden Gate Bridge, Golden Gate Parks And Beach, Sausalito And Night Tour
- San Francisco Tour Golden Gate Parks And Beach Loop