Follow our knowledgeable guide to a discovery journey of flavours, smells, unique images, history and feelings, that will allow you to get to know the city and its’ people.
Seize the opportunity to explore this beautiful town with your five senses like a local!
While experiencing unique tastes and learning about the traditional, Cretan products and the rich and interesting history they are bound with, you will also discover the Town’s most important monuments!
- Visit the Greek Christian Orthodox Cathedral (the Church of the Three Martyrs) from the 1860s
- Taste some of the finest Cretan olives and olive oil
- Visit the old quarter (now, alas, also overwhelmed by modern tourist enterprises)
- Visit the Plateia Venizelou (known as “Sintrivani”) the large clearing at the far curve of the old harbor - now distinguished by its marble fountain
- Taste a coffee at a traditional coffee roasting shop
- Visit the Great Municipal Market (ca. 1911)
- Taste honey and smell the herbs in the Market
- Taste the famous “Bougatsa”, the “paximadia”, the “kalitsounia”, Cretan cheese and tasty “loukoumades”
- Visit the “Splatzia” (Plateia 1821) and the Greek Christian Orthodox Church of St. Nicholas, a - once- Venetian Catholic monastery, where you will taste a local beer or a local soft drink!