Explore And Taste Chania Walking Tour
OverviewChania is a wonderful old town with many hidden corners, waiting to be discovered! Follow your knowledgeable guide to a discovery journey of flavors, smells, unique images, history and feelings, that will allow you to get to know the city and its people!
- Greek Christian Orthodox Cathedral
- Plateia Venizelou
- Great Municipal Market
Know More about this tour
Follow our knowledgeable guide to a discovery journey of flavours, smells, unique images, history and feelings, that will allow you to get to know the city and its’ people.
Seize the opportunity to explore this beautiful town with your five senses like a local!
While experiencing unique tastes and learning about the traditional, Cretan products and the rich and interesting history they are bound with, you will also discover the Town’s most important monuments!
- Visit the Greek Christian Orthodox Cathedral (the Church of the Three Martyrs) from the 1860s
- Taste some of the finest Cretan olives and olive oil
- Visit the old quarter (now, alas, also overwhelmed by modern tourist enterprises)
- Visit the Plateia Venizelou (known as “Sintrivani”) the large clearing at the far curve of the old harbor - now distinguished by its marble fountain
- Taste a coffee at a traditional coffee roasting shop
- Visit the Great Municipal Market (ca. 1911)
- Taste honey and smell the herbs in the Market
- Taste the famous “Bougatsa”, the “paximadia”, the “kalitsounia”, Cretan cheese and tasty “loukoumades”
- Visit the “Splatzia” (Plateia 1821) and the Greek Christian Orthodox Church of St. Nicholas, a - once- Venetian Catholic monastery, where you will taste a local beer or a local soft drink!
Inclusions for Explore And Taste Chania Walking Tour
- Food specialist guide
- Food & beverages sampling
- food tour brochure
Exclusions for Explore And Taste Chania Walking Tour
- Lunch or dinner
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (gratuity rates in Greece are around 10% of service cost)
- If you cancel between 0 days To 1 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 1 days To 3 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 50%
- If you cancel between 3 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.