- Pickups commence around 8am from Hobart CBD hotels
- Drive to Triabunna (60-minutes), followed by a scenic ferry to Darlington (30-minutes)
- Have fresh morning tea/coffee with delicious homemade treats while learning about the history of the island (inc. Aboriginal, whaling, convict, industrial, wildlife sanctuary)
- Spend the morning walking to the Fossil Cliffs (1.5-hour loop), enjoying the views of Bishop and Clerk and watching the local wildlife in their natural environment.
- Gourmet lunch will be served outdoors or inside a world heritage listed convict building. All produce is sourced locally and represents Tasmania's fresh, world-class reputation for fine food.
- The afternoon will be spent walking to the vibrant Painted Cliffs (1-hour return) and learning about the rich natural and cultural history of the island.
- After the walk, the remainder of your time on Maria Island will be spent tasting premium local wines, relaxing by the beach and keeping an eye out for more wildlife.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 10 Hrs
Departure Time :
7:20 AM Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Departure Details :
Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre, 16-20 Davey St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Return Details :
Hobart TAS, Australia
Cancellation Policy : For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
Enjoy a relaxing guided day trip at Maria Island National Park. Your day starts with a scenic road trip from Hobart then scenic ferry trip from Triabunna. Experience dramatic views and beautiful coastal scenery with 2 of Tasmania's great 60 shot walks. Get up close and personal with native wildlife: wombats, wallaby, eastern grey kangaroo, cape barren geese, Tasmanian native hen, and if very lucky a Tasmanian devil. Enjoy fine local Tasmanian cuisine throughout the day: Fresh morning tea/coffee, local lunch spread of Tassie delights. Finish the day with local wine, beer, and cheese by the beautiful Darlington beach.
Two guided walks, World Heritage Darlington Convict Site, Wildlife Spotting, Tasmanian Produce. The only 'All Inclusive' guided walking day trip departing Hobart.
Get up-close to native wildlife
Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour
National Park fees
Coffee and/or Tea
Professional local guide & driver
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
Entry/Admission - Maria Island National Park
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
Not wheelchair accessible
Please advise any specific dietary requirements and/or allergies at time of booking
Vegetarian and Vegan option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
This experience requires good weather. If its canceled due to poor weather, youll be offered a different date or a full refund
This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If its canceled because the minimum isnt met, youll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
Daniel is an excellent guide. Very professional and the lunch he prepared was awesome. My boy loved the pasta. Most importantly, Maria Island is so so beautiful and tranquil.
Maria Island is a gem! We were lucky to spot a few wombats, Tasmanian goose, wallabies and kangaroos. The tour was very well organized and the tour guides were easy-going. I enjoyed the two nice long walks we went on and hearing about the history of Maria Island. The food was very good! If you want to support a new and young tour company, you should definitely book this tour! Everyone I talked to on my tour said they had a marvelous day.