OverviewDhulikhel is situated in the east part of Nepal, 32 km away from the capital Kathmandu. Main attractions of Dhulikhel are temples and scenic mountain views to enjoy from Karyolung in the east to Himalchuli in the west. Namo Buddha is a sacred Buddhist place where Lord Buddha saved a life of a dying from hunger tiger by giving it his flesh.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Buffet lunch included
Know More about this tourWe will meet at Tridevi Marg Thamel in front of Himalayan bank in Kathmandu at 9:00 AM and transferred to Dhulikhel - a small town situated about 30 km Southeast of Kathmandu at 1550 meters altitude. It used to be a popular trading route from Nepal to Tibet in ancient times. It's a perfect exotic destination for cultural enthusiasts. From here you will enjoy a magnificent view of Himalayan range, including Ganesh Himal (7429 m), Mt. Lhotse (8516 m), Lantang Himal (7234 m), Gaurishanker Himal (7134 m), lush hills, agriculture terrace and typical villages.
The town is designed based on Hindu philosophy with the position, shape, scale and dominance between houses, temples, public squares - all have their own meaning. Most valuable assets here are fine arts, handicraft, and wood carving. There are numerous Hindu temples and Buddhist stupa. Narayan temple, dedicated to Lord Krishna and Harisiddhi temple are situated in the center of the town while Bhawati temple is located in Western part and Gaukhureshour Mahadev Temple lies in the Eastern part of the town.
Namo Buddha is one of the most popular destinations in Nepal for Buddhist devotees. One of three main stupas was built in Kathmandu Valley on bones and hair of Prince Mahasatttav on the slope of Ganda Mala hill. The locals call it Namo Buddha, which literally means homage to Lord Buddha. A small stupa located at same hill with cave of the tigress. Thrabgu Tashi Yangtse monastery built in East side of the hill. The tour concludes at the Tridevi Marg Thamel.
Inclusions for Explore Namo Buddha Day Tour In Dhulikhel
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Explore Namo Buddha Day Tour In Dhulikhel
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 5 years
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.