Explore The 27 Waterfalls Of Damajagua In Puerto Plata
OverviewAfter the hotel pickup, it's just a 30-minute drive, in a safari truck to get you from Puerto plata City to the top rated attraction to explore, during the entire day with a certified guide, the 27 waterfalls of Damajagua, one ofthe most popular adventures on Dominican Republic's North Coast. There, be face to face with hundreds of species of tropical plants, trees, and birds. After this, hike uphill of about 45 minutes, be rewarded by making the way back down by swimming, sliding and jumping through a range of canyons, natural pools, and waterfalls, enjoying the refreshing, crystal-clear water.Lunch and picture taking in the tropical Petting Zoo are included.
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tour
The best-kept secret of the Dominican Republic is the number one attraction in Puerto Plata, the now National Park "27 Charcos de Damajagua".
Visiting all these 27 Cascades of Damajagua with their original explorers which are nestled in the rolling hills of the northern corridor mountain range, nature has crafted some awe-inspiring pools, etched out of limestone, with stalactites and stalagmites in a thousand colors, for your enjoyment.
Make the way to the 27th level on an interpretive nature trail and be close to hundreds of species of tropical plants, trees, and birds. After this hike uphill of about 45 minutes, the return will be by swimming, sliding and jumping through a range of canyons, natural pools, and waterfalls, enjoying the crystal-clear water.
Halfway back, in the direction to Puerto Plata, the tour will stop at the Country World Ranch for a delicious, home-cooked Dominican lunch.
The minimum age to participate in the upper cascades is 8 years. Younger children can have a swim in the natural pool on the first level only. They have to be supervised by a legal representative.
Even if wearing a life jacket and helmet in the waterfalls, it is recommended to be a confident swimmer. For the higher jumps there are also workarounds, but from the slides, it drops from 2 to 6ft into the moving water.
Inclusions for Explore The 27 Waterfalls Of Damajagua In Puerto Plata
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Professional guides
- Life jacket and helmet
- Bottled water
- transported on open safari truck
Exclusions for Explore The 27 Waterfalls Of Damajagua In Puerto Plata
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Lockers (available to rent)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Minimum age is 3 years
For this excursion, you should be in good physical health condition.
A moderate amount of walking is involved.
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities.
Even if wearing a life jacket and helmet in the waterfalls, you should be a confident swimmer.
Lockers are available to rent for US$4,- to US$5,- depending on size. Your belongings can also be locked away for free under our supervision.
Bring swimwear, a towel and dry clothes to change, old tennis or river shoes. Rubber shoes are available for rent for US$2.
Female guests should wear shorts of some kind to protect their upper thighs on the slides.
Waterproof cameras only.
Bring sun protection, insect repellent.
Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints, or other serious medical conditions.
Not recommended for women at any stage of pregnancy
The following is required of all participants: to accurately and completely provide all personal information requested for guide/instructor approval; to carefully review all information furnished about the requested tour, and to understand as thoroughly as possible the physical and mental demands of the tour and the risks that may be encountered; to properly equip yourself in accordance with the recommendations of the guide/instructor. Please drink responsibly the night before the excursion as any sign of intoxication may lead to an exclusion from the excursion without the right for a refund.
All participants must carry their own medical insurance. All participants will have to sign a Liability Release and Assumption of Risk document. By signing this form, you and your heirs agree that you will not hold the company or its guides/instructors responsible in any way for accidents or injuries that may occur on a tour. You will be asked to sign and return this form to the guide/instructor prior to your acceptance onto the tour.
Participant safety is our top priority. The itinerary described reflects the planned route, however, circumstances beyond the guides/instructors control, including weather, may necessitate changes. While the guide/instructor's decisions will be final, your support and understanding are greatly appreciated.
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Beach and Mountain Horseback Riding Vacation
- Puerto Plata Waterfall Swim on Horse Back
- Puerto Plata Waterfall Swim on Horse Back with Lunch
- Puerto Plata Sunset Horse Back Riding with Cocktails on the beach
- Amber Cove Shore Excursion: Explore Puerto Plata and Cable Car
- Amber Cove Shore Excursion: Damajagua Jump and Slide Party
- Amber Cove Shore Excursion: Puerto Plata Highlights Tour and Golden Beach Escape
- Puerto Plata all day horse back riding with lunch