Explore The Bylanes Of Agra On Cycle - DelhiWrite a Review
Agra, home to the iconic Taj Mahal, lures tourists from across the world.There are so many options to explore this city but the best way to discover the historical sites, peaceful areas and nature hugging places is through cycles. Thos 3-hour cycling tour is a classic recipe for an exhilarating glimpse into the life and times of the great Mughal Emperor, Shah Jahan.
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourThe day starts early, meet the team at Oberoi Amarvilas (your designated meeting point) at 7am. The guide will brief you about the whereabouts of your cycling tour. The plan is to set off by 7:15am, early enough to miss the crazy traffic! The legacy left behind by the Mughal Empires boasts the magnificent fort, tombs and mausoleums. You haven't really seen this until you've bicycled your way into its very core.
Under the company of experts, well-versed in both Hindi and English, ride the cycle through the web of alleys held together. You will be able to see a mind-boggling amalgamation of the past and the future. Pass through Dhobhi Ghat- a well-known open air laundromat in Yamuna River, Agra. The washers, locally known as Dhobis, work in the open to wash the clothes.
While cycling through the eclectic streets, you will reach Jama Masjid. Offer prayers at Jama Masjid- a large mosque attributed to Shah Jahan's daughter, Princess Jahanara Begum. The Jama Masjid stands opposite the Agra fort and overlooks the Agra Fort railway station. The Jama Masjid is also popularly known as the Jami Masjid or "Friday Mosque". Afterwards, enjoy tea and breakfast at a nearby local shop.
Enhance this exotic experience by visiting the ancient Manka Meshwar temple. Manka Meshwar temple in Agra is one of the ancient temples in the city that is devoted to Lord Shiva, where the Shivalinga was incarnated by Lord Shiva.
In the early hours of the day, all the shops would be closed and only the famous sweet vendors can be spotted selling mouthwatering delicacies. While cycling, pass through Agra’s bustling wholesale vegetable market. Take in the sights and smells of the vegetables that are used in the preparation of delicious Indian cuisines. After scouting the narrow yet intriguing lanes of Agra, pass through the elegant lanes of Flower Market.
Do not stop cycling. Instead, make your way to Akbar Church. This is the place where the Mughal Emperors came to pray, especially Jahangir. Your tour will end at the Oberoi Amarvilas, back to your departure point.
Inclusions for Explore The Bylanes Of Agra On Cycle
- Professional guide
- Supporting co-guide
- Morning tea
- Local Indian breakfast
- Use of bicycle and helmet
Exclusions for Explore The Bylanes Of Agra On Cycle
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Minimum age is 6 years
A maximum of 10 people per booking
Avid explorers are recommended that they dress up comfortably and wear sports shoes while cycling. All the female cyclists should avoid wearing shorts or sleeveless tops as the entry to the places of worship will be denied.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.