Explore The Modern Georgian Way Of Wine Making - Tbilisi
OverviewIn Georgia, the wine culture is closely tied to the country, both having a long, rich and storied jointhistory. The legacy of viticulture in the country is unbelievably rich for such a small land. Apparentlythe Georgian word 'ghvino' gave root to the Latin word 'vino', and over five hundred varieties ofgrape, roughly one-quarter of all the types of grapes present on earth, are harvested within the country.Georgia having cultivated its own means of maturing wines in earthen containers rather than oakbarrels, Georgian wine has a particular flavor and taste not found anywhere else on earth. This tourwill open your eyes to the rich and diverse world of Georgian wine-making.
- Visit Metekhi church and Abanotubani
- Explore Narikala fortress, Sarajishvili factory and Gremi
- Kvelatsminda, Sighnaghi museum, Mtskheta
Know More about this tour
Day 1: Arrival – Tbilisi Tour. B/D
Arrival in Georgia. A representative of Georgian Discovery Tours (www.gdt.ge) will pick you up at Tbilisi Airport and assure your smooth transfer to the hotel. After you will have recovered from the journey for a Tbilisi city tour. The Georgian capital Tbilisi founded in the 4th century. We will visiting Metekhi church,Abanotubani (literally "bath district") with sulfur spas,Narikala Fortress. We will visit Sarajishvili factory. In 1884 David Sarajishvili set up his first wine brandy production in Georgia using the classic technology, which was the first throughout the Russian Empire.In the evening, a welcome dinner with folk music at one of the local restaurants in Tbilisi.
Day 2: Tbilisi - Teliani Valley winery - Shuchmann winery - Gremi - Kvareli. B/D.
We will start our journey to the Kakheti region in the eastern Georgia, also known as “the homeland of wine”. After wine tasting we will visit The church of Gremi - one of the most magnificent ancient buildings of this region. Afterwards we will drive towards Kvareli in hotel.
Day3: Corporation Kindzmarauli - Gvirabi Winery - Kvelatsminda - Gurjaani Wine House. B/D.
First we will pay a visit to “Corporation Kindzmarauli” and its wine factory “Vazis Tsremlebi” (tears of vine). After this we will visit “Gvirabi” a special cave like wine aging facility carved kilometers deep into the rock. Then we will drive Gurjaani towards the one and the only twine domed basilica in the country, Gurjaaani all Saints church of St.Mary’s dormition.
Next in-depth understanding of Georgian traditions, awaits you at the “Wine House Gurjaani”, where a local family will host you and you will get an impression of how wine is made in private houses. In a traditional Georgian wine cellar, called “Marani”, you will taste the homemade wine kept in a “Kvevri” (amphora) built into the ground. Further more you will participate confection of traditional sweets ‘Churchkhela’. Finally, you will enjoy dinner in a warm-hearted environment. You will be initiated into the rules of a classical Georgian table: Besides a range of tasty local dishes and wine, you will be taught about the role of the “tamada” (toast master).
Day 4: Gurjaani – Sighnaghi – Bodbe – David Gareja – Tbilisi(B/D)
In the morning after breakfast we will leave Gurdjaani and head for Sighnaghi, the royal town surrounded by an impressive city wall with twenty-three towers.We will visit the Monastery of Bodbe, located near Sighnaghi. The monastery is the final resting place of Saint Nino, the maiden who, in the 4th century AD, brought Christianity to Georgia.Afterwards, we will continue our way to Davida Gareja, a complex of cave monasteries.
Day 5: Tbilisi – Mtskheta –Iagos wine cellar - Tbilisi (B/D)
We will visit ancient town Mtskheta and then visit wine cellar and taste wine. You will have a farewell dinner and then two hours before we will drive you to the airport for departure from Georgia.
Inclusions for Explore The Modern Georgian Way Of Wine Making
- 3 nights in 4* hotel in Tbilisi,
- 1 nights in 3* hotel in Kvareli,
- 1 nights in 3* hotel in Gurjaani
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary, incl. service charges and taxes, including a limited amount of wine
- 4 breakfast,
- 5 dinners-from which 1 is welcome and 1 is farewell.( 250 ml of wine per person) and one is special in Gurjaani Wine House.
- Special event and dinner at “Gurjaani Wine House” (250 ml of wine per person, delicious Georgian dishes, confection of traditional sweet ‘Churchkhela’)
- Wine-tastings as mentioned in the itinerary:
- Sarajishvili, Gvirabi,Teliany Valley, Shukhmann winery, Kindzmarauli corporation, Gurjaani Wine House, Iago’s marani.
- All transfers and transportation as listed in the itinerary by comfortable minibus with air-conditioning, including fuel and driver
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees, local guides in Gvirabi, Sighnaghi museum
- Staff expenses
Exclusions for Explore The Modern Georgian Way Of Wine Making
- Certain coffee breaks and or meals (marked as “at your leisure” in the itinerary)
- Any extra services not specified in the itinerary
- Sulfur Spas,
- High percentage alcoholic beverages, and wine beyond the amount included
- Personal expenses
- Communication charges
- Entry visa for Georgia (not required for EU citizens)
- Flight to and from Georgia
- Travel insurance
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 10 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 10 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.