OverviewThis tour is perfect for you if you dont have the time to go on a full day tour but still want to discover the secrets behind Colombias famous coffee and visit an authentic coffee farm.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Ideal choice for families
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free snacks included
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourThinking about Colombia, coffee is one of the first things that come to our mind.
Our country offers the perfect conditions with its climate, its rich soil and our passion for coffee.
This tour is perfect for you if you don´t have the time to go on a full day tour but still want to discover the secrets behind Colombia’s famous coffee and visit an authentic coffee farm. The farm we’ll visit has a rain forest certificate and produces a small amount of high quality coffee.
After driving a short distance on the city highway we’ll make our way up the hill almost to the top to get to the coffee farm. Here we already understand that coffee plants need to grow in higher altitude, later the cafetero – the farmer of the coffee farm – will tell us more details.
Before we begin to explore the coffee farm we’ll be greeted with a warm-hearted welcome and get to enjoy the typical Colombian hospitality and cheerfulness.
Then we start our tour walking on narrow paths through the coffee plants where we get an idea about how much work it will be to harvest all of the coffee beans and transport them to the finca (farm) to be sun-dried and processed.
Depending on the month of our visit we get to see the coffee fruits in different stages of their growth. We also get to know more about the essential climate and why Medellín is the perfect city for growing coffee.
Next we’ll have a look at the different stages of the artisanal coffee processing that has been inherited from generation to generation and is preserved by the cafetero with great care.
We will get to see and learn about the different machines and installations that are used by the cafetero to select the best fresh beans and turn them into raw beans ready to get roasted. Feel with your own hands how freshly peeled coffee beans feel like and watch how the same beans are roasted manually on a stove.
Walking back to the main house, we are longing for a delicious cup of coffee, or 'tinto' as black coffee is called in Colombia.
While we are invited to sit down and relax, it’s worth getting a glimpse at the house and its interior, beautifully designed in typical colors of the region.
Now the cafetero will tell us about the different options of brewing coffee and while we enjoy our tinto we can ask him everything else we’d like to know about coffee.
Let’s have a snack at the farmer’s house – something typical like an arepa or empanada – before we’ll head back to our starting point in Medellín.
Inclusions for Express Coffee Farm Experience
- Entrance fees
- Admission ticket
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Express Coffee Farm Experience
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Passport name, number, expiration date and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.