Fátima Full Day Private Tour - Lisbon
OverviewFátima is a world famous pilgrimage town in Portugal, close to the historic town of Tomar.Known for its vast white basilica, his "courtyard" outside is double the size of the square in front of St. Peter´s church of Rome. This tour will take you in a historical and cultural journey that will fascinate the religious and nonreligious alike.
Know More about this tourWe pick you up at the meeting location (any point in Lisbon Area), and start our tour in Fátima, by visiting firstly, the Sanctuary of Fátima. This religious place tends to be the most popular and visited attraction in Portugal. In the corner of the square stands the Chapel of the Apparitions, that houses a figure of the Virgin Mary inside holding the bullet extracted from Pope John Paull II after his assassination attempt in 1981.
At the other end of the square, is a contemporary building - Basilica of the Holy Trinity, one of the largest Catholic churches and can hold 8.500 worshipers. The ground floors holds temporary exhibitions of collections of objects dedicated to the apparitions at Fátima.
We shall take you to one of the best restaurants in Fatima - The Crispim, to feast on lunch with typical Portuguese gastronomy.
The Sacred Way of the Valinhos is a must for all pilgrims traveling to Fatima, the altar of the world, in search of faith for answers to their daily problems. This is the perfect place to pray and to introspect.
The Dominican Monastery of Batalha, constructed in fulfillment of a vow by King João to commemorate the victory over the Castilians at Aljubarrota (15 August 1385), is a mandatory stop to appreciate one of the masterpieces of Gothic art in Portugal.
From here, we will take you to Nazaré, a little fishing town. You will be able to view an iconic sight - an amazing lighthouse, famous for its backdrop when Garrett McNamara and surfers are in the high seas. This is a lovely place to visit, especially as the sun is setting.
Before returning to Lisbon, a walk to Óbidos is obligatory. This pretty medieval town in Portugal is knowned for the tiny whitewashed medieval cottages surrounded by the fortified walls and the castle on top of the hill. There you can taste one of the most famous liqueurs, a cherry brandy named Ginhinha, served in a chocolate cup.
The tour concludes with the drop-off at the meeting location.
Inclusions for Fátima Full Day Private Tour
- Bottled water
- WiFi onboard
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Mandatory insurances
- Car expenses
Exclusions for Fátima Full Day Private Tour
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 3-Day Portugal Tour from Lisbon: Ftima, Sintra, vora, Cascais and Estoril Coast
- Lisbon Airport Private Departure Transfer
- Private Obidos Sightseeing Trip
- Private Tour: Lisbon Football Experience
- Private Tour: Hidden Treasures of Lisbon
- vora and Estremoz Private Day Tour from Lisbon
- Private Full-Day Ftima and Western Region Tour from Lisbon
- Giraldo Square and City Center Walking Tour of vora