Fátima Interactive Self-Guided Tour From Lisbon
OverviewRevel in the history of Ftima's fascinating monuments during this self-guided smartphone tour, departing from Lisbon. Meet your guide assistant in Lisbon and familiarize yourself with your easy guide device, then travel to Ftima, where you'll explore on your own. Trace the paths of pilgrims as you follow the intuitive guidance of your interactive device, which serves as your own local expert about the citys history. By the end of this tour you may even feel like one of the lucky children who witnessed the apparition of Our Lady of Ftima.
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourPick up your smartphone device from your guide assistant in central Lisbon, and learn how to use the handy digital travel guide. Then, settle into your air-conditioned minibus or bus and relax during the 1.5-hour drive to Ftima, a civil parish named after the daughter of the prophet Muhammad.
On arrival, part from your guide assistant and gear up for a day of learning about the religious and cultural significance in this unique corner of traditional Portugal. Stroll toward the Monument to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and head to the Chapel of the Apparitions to see the historical marble pillar with the image of the Virgin Mary. Learn the story of the Marian apparitions and why pilgrims who visited its location snatched a piece of it.
Wander Portugals charming streets, lined with hand-cut stones similar to cobblestone, but uniquely Portuguese. Perhaps take a break and enjoy the quaint bustling streets from a cafe or local restaurant. Then, walk to Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosary of Ftima. See its massive bronze crown and the 62 bells of the Carillon, and learn about the apparition of Our Lady of Ftima.
Continue to the white cylindrical Church of the Most Holy Trinity, designed by the architect Alexandros Tombazis. Enjoy this church that was introduced in 2007 to honor the 90th anniversary of the apparitions of the Virgin of the Rosary of Ftima. Stroll to the middle of the Sanctuary of Ftima and capture some photos of footpaths where pilgrims would drop to their knees to pray for their sins.
When the time comes, reconvene with your guide assistant and journey back to Lisbon, where your tour concludes.
Inclusions for Fátima Interactive Self-Guided Tour From Lisbon
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Transport by minibus or bus (depending on the size of the group)
- Guide assistant
- Interactive guide (1 smartphone per customer including children)
- Information folder
Exclusions for Fátima Interactive Self-Guided Tour From Lisbon
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.