Fátima, Nazaré & Óbidos Tour Experience - Lisbon
OverviewStarting from one of the most important Crhistians site in the world, Fátima, with a visit to the imposing Sanctuary of Fátima. Because of the extensive beach, Nazaré is one of the most popular seaside resorts in centralPortugal, and especially during the summer months it's very lively. But be aware: the sea can be very rough. And that's exactly why Nazaré hosts surfing championships every year...and finally Óbidos, the medieval town of that it is one of the most picturesque and well preserved in Portugal.
Know More about this tour
On this tour, we will discover one of the Christian religions most significant pilgrimage sites, Fátima (1h15 from Lisbon on the way to North) Here, learn about the children who, in 1917, saw an apparition of the Virgin Mary (Our Lady of Fátima). Our guide will explain all the history related with the apparitions in Fátima and you will have some free time to assist mass (optional). Finally we will pass by the shepherds house.
We arrive at the fishermans village of Nazare (Nazareth) the most charismatic fishermans village in Portugal, where we can see the fishermans wifes drying fish at the beach, as well as the costumes of the seven skirts women from Nazare, proudly shown to visitors. Lovely panoramic sight over the village through the sitio, where the legend of Dom Fuas Rupinho continues..and from where we can see the place where was recorded the world´s biggest ever surfed waveAfter lunch, head to Óbidos, a beautifully preserved medieval village. There, enjoy a sample of Ginginha, a famous cherry liquor, from a chocolate cup. Óbidos was considered as one of the 7 Wonders of Portugal.
Depending on climatic conditions, NAZARÉ could be replaced by BATALHA MONASTERY*
From here, travel to the 14th-century Batalha Monastery renowned for its compelling examples of of ornate gothic architecture and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. In the monastery, follow your guide into the royal tomb and see the Founders Chapel. Hear about the noble family that rests here including Queen Philippa of Lancaster, King João I and their heir Prince Henry the Navigator.
Inclusions for Fátima, Nazaré & Óbidos Tour Experience
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water
- Ginja liqueur tasting in Óbidos
Exclusions for Fátima, Nazaré & Óbidos Tour Experience
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Dress code is smart casual
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 3-Day Portugal Tour from Lisbon: Ftima, Sintra, vora, Cascais and Estoril Coast
- Lisbon Airport Private Departure Transfer
- Private Obidos Sightseeing Trip
- Private Tour: Lisbon Football Experience
- Private Tour: Hidden Treasures of Lisbon
- vora and Estremoz Private Day Tour from Lisbon
- Private Full-Day Ftima and Western Region Tour from Lisbon
- Giraldo Square and City Center Walking Tour of vora