OverviewExperience a host of exciting desert activities and a BBQ dinner on this 6-hour, family-friendly desert camp expedition from Abu Dhabi, including round-trip transport. Travel to a Bedouin-inspired camp amid the dunes, and throw yourself into the traditional Emirati activities on offer. Enjoy a 4x4 dune-bashing adventure; try sandboarding, camel and horseback riding; watch a falcon show; get souvenir photos; let the kids loose at the play area; and much more. Rent a quad bike (additional cost) if you wish, and finish with a tasty BBQ. Complimentary drinks are included.
Know More about this tourMeet your guide and air-conditioned coach at one of five locations in central Abu Dhabi or at the city's cruise port. Then, relax as you head deep into the surrounding desert. Admire the views as you travel and, after around 1.5 hours, arrive at the safari camp tucked amid the dunes of the Al Khaznah region. Dotted with shady palm trees and Bedouin-style tents, the fenced, Bedouin camp will act as your base for the rest of the afternoon.
Head inside and take a seat in one of the cushion-strewn tents for complimentary Arabic coffee and dates, or if you prefer, sodas, tea or water. Then, duly refreshed, immerse yourself in the numerous desert activities. Climb into a comfortable 4x4 with a professional driver at the wheel and enjoy an exciting dune-bashing session, slipping and sliding down the sandy slopes at thrilling speed.
Try sandboarding and horseback riding, get a henna tattoo, and experience one of Arabia’s must-dos — a camel ride over the sands. Plus, watch a fascinating falcon show and get your photo taken with the stunning birds of prey and their handlers. Be sure, too, to put on the supplied Arabic costumes for a fun souvenir photo! If you fancy another dose of adventure, rent a quad bike (additional cost). Put on a helmet, and after a safety briefing, rev the engine and race off into the surrounding desert for an exciting circuit or two. There’s also a play area with a trampoline and inflatable slide to keep the kids happy, and you can help yourself to drinks whenever you need refreshments.
Afterward, watch a beautiful desert sunset and sip tea around a crackling campfire. Watch a documentary about the UAE as you relax, and finish with a delicious barbecue dinner featuring dishes such as hummus, kebabs and flatbreads, plus Western staples. Your experience then ends with a drop-off back at your original departure point.
Please note: This is a family-friendly experience, so alcoholic drinks, shisha pipes and belly dancing performances are not included.
Inclusions for Family Desert Camp Safari And Activities From Abu Dhabi Including Dune Bashing And BBQ Dinner
- BBQ buffet dinner
- Henna tattoo
- Kids' play area
- Round-trip coach transport
- Falcon show with souvenir photo (own camera)
- Arabic coffee and dates
- Camel and horseback riding
- Souvenir photo in traditional Arabic dress (own camera)
- 4x4 Land cruiser dune-bashing session
- Short Documentary Film About UAE History (Complimentary tea around campfire)
- Complimentary soft drinks, tea, coffee and water, plus tea around campfire
- Use of Traditional Arabic tents
- Animals Ranch Visit (Goats, Pigeons, Sheep’s, Dogs)
Exclusions for Family Desert Camp Safari And Activities From Abu Dhabi Including Dune Bashing And BBQ Dinner
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Extended Quad bike rental (cost approx. 50AED for 15 minutes)
- Camera (own camera will be needed to take pictures)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
You must reconfirm your booking with your local service provider
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Valid ID must be presented for quad bike rental; customers must be at least nine years old to ride
Please note: Quad Bike rides (Kids above 9 years can do Biking. Biking vouchers are not transferable to another person and non-exchangeable). Pants and Shoes are a MUST to be worn during the biking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Abu Dhabi Stop-Over Package
- Abu Dhabi City Tour
- Ferrari World (Bronze Package)
- Ferrari World (Silver Package)
- Ferrari World (Gold Package)
- Ferrari World With SIC Transfer (Bronze Package)
- Ferrari World Abu Dhabi (Day Trip From Dubai With Transfer)
- Abu Dhabi Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Tour By Sunset From Dubai
- Abu Dhabi Sightseeing Tour Pick From Dubai
- Pre/Post Cruise Private Sightseeing City Tour - Abu Dhabi