Family Greenwich Village Tour - New York CityWrite a Review
From USD 49
OverviewGreenwich Village is known for its bohemian roots as well as its great restaurants and cafes. But its also an exciting neighborhood for kids. This 2.5-hour guided tour takes kids (and the people who love them) through this historic neighborhood, stopping at the Bleecker Street playground, Washington Square Park and Magnolia Bakery to sample the legendary cupcakes, of course. Along the way, kids have activity sheets, keeping them engaged with the neighborhoods history and culture.
- Family friendly
- Small-group tour
- Popular choice with kids
- Free snacks included
Know More about this tourKids and Greenwich Village, it turns out, go together like peanut butter and jelly, chocolate chips and cookie dough, and cupcakes and frosting. Begin this highly educational, 1.5-hour kid-centric tour by meeting up with your guide in this historic neighborhood.
On the subject of cupcakes and frosting, one of the first stops will be Magnolia Bakery, famous for its delicious cupcakes. Along the way, the guide regales young tour-goers with interesting tales about the history of this old neighborhood. Each child participant will be given an activity sheet with exercises that correspond to the neighborhood, including vocabulary lessons. There are three levels of activity sheets, enough to keep everyone engaged.
Monkey around at the Bleecker Street playground, a favorite local hangout for celebrity parents. And then stroll by historic and famous sites such as Jackson Square, Chaim Gross’ statue The Family, Abingdon Square, Our Lady of Pompeii Church, and Father Demo Square. A stop at Blue Note Jazz Club will help tour participants understand the importance of music, particularly jazz, to the neighborhood’s past.
The final stop is leafy Washington Square Park, where the children will put on a short play about the founding of the park. Each kid will play a role.
There will be a 15-minute bathroom break along the way, and the tour ends at Washington Square Park, leaving you free to continue to explore the neighborhood on your own.
Inclusions for Family Greenwich Village Tour
- Walking tour
- Local guide
- Cupcake for all travelers
- Activity sheets for children
Exclusions for Family Greenwich Village Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Additional food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Wheelchair and stroller accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.