Famous Movie, TV, And Music Video Location Tour From Reykjavik
OverviewIceland's otherworldly landscapeis known for inspiring artists from all over the world, and its photogenic nature is featured in multiple feature films, tv shows, and music videos. This special tour visits many sites used by filmmakers and musiciansfor numerous spectacular and famous scenes. This will be a shared tour with a maximum of 50 people per outing. Transportation is included, but food and drink are not.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tourPick-up from the area hotels starts at 7:30am, and the tour departs from Holtagarar bus terminal at 8am. From there, this guided coach tour will take you on along the South Coast of Iceland, stopping at sites that you will recognize from many movies and music videos.
The first stop on this tour is at Reynisfjara beach, better known as the black sand beach of Iceland. Here you can witness the fierce power of the Atlantic Ocean, when the waves come crashing onto the basalt column cliffs. The last scenes of Noah (2014) and Star Trek: Into Darkness (2013) were filmed here, and its easy to imagine why this location has been chosen by film producers to depict a post-apocalyptic landscape.
Next, the group will go to the haunted mountain Hjrleifshfi, which you will recognize from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016). The area around Hjrleifshfi was used as the setting for scenes that took place on the planet Lah'mu, with the black barren deserts and bright green mountains truly looking like they are from another world.
After a short lunch break in Vk, a small village in the shadow of Katla volcano (Katla television series is still in production), you will continue on to Slheimasandur. In Slheimasandur, a sandy plain on the south coast, you will go on an easy hike (approximately 45 minutes each way). The hike is completely worth it, for just the opportunity of an amazing "selfie" moment. Here you will see the abandoned wreck of a DC-3 airplane, left behind by the US Navy after an emergency landing in the 1970s. Popular among both professional and amateur photographers, the fuselage is in deep contrast with the black sand dunes surrounding it, making it an excellent subject. It was most recently seen in Justin Biebers music video "Ill Show You", as well as in the romantic music video for the song Gerua starring Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol Mukherjee.
From there the tour goes to Skgafoss waterfall, a powerful waterfall that drops 60 meters off the edge of a former coastline. This picturesque waterfall has been featured in many films, such as Thor 2: The Dark World (2013), The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013) and the Bollywood film Dilwale (2015).
The tour ends back Reykjavik around 7:30pm, when you will be dropped off at the place where you were picked up before the tour, or at the nearest possible location to your accommodation.
Inclusions for Famous Movie, TV, And Music Video Location Tour From Reykjavik
- Round trip transportation
- English-speaking guide
- Pickup and drop-off (from all major hotels and guesthouses in the Reykjavik area)
- Guided hike to the plane wreck in Slheimasandur
Exclusions for Famous Movie, TV, And Music Video Location Tour From Reykjavik
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Child and youth rate applies to a maximum of 2 children/youth per each adult
Regular stops will be made along the way with available restrooms
Customers that want hotel pickup and drop-off and are staying at a centrally located Reykjavik hotel must provide their hotel information at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Small-Group Hot Springs and Lava Cave Day Trip from Reykjavik
- 3-Hour 'Quad Mad' ATV Quad Adventure from Reykjavik
- Day Trip to the Glacier Lagoon: Jkulsrln with Boat Tour from Reykjavik
- Gulfoss and Geysir Express Half-Day Trip from Reykjavik
- Sea-Fishing Tour from Reykjavik
- Extended Golden Circle Tour from Reykjavik