Fatima And Coimbra Day Trip From Porto
OverviewDiscover the pilgrimage site of Fatima and the university city of Coimbra on a day trip from Porto! The full-day tour includes a visit to the Sanctuary of Our Lady of the Rosary in Fatima where several apparitions of the Virgin Mary are said to have taken place. Attend mass inside the sanctuarys basilica, soaking up the serene atmosphere, and then spend the afternoon in Coimbra, seeing the university and Old Cathedral of Coimbra on a walking tour.
- Hotel pickup included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourLeave your Porto hotel by air-conditioned coach and travel south to Fatima, a small city in central Portugal that has been a Christian pilgrimage site since medieval days. After traveling for roughly two hours, arrive in the town and then head inside the Sanctuary of Our Lady of the Rosary of Fatima a complex thats just as large as its name suggests.
A national shrine, the sanctuary is built on the spot where the first of six apparitions of the Virgin Mary were said to be witnessed by three shepherd children: Lcia, Francisco and Jacinta. Their childrens tombs are within the sanctuary walls, as well as a beautiful Neoclassical church thats dedicated to their memory. Head inside the church for mass (lasting roughly 30 minutes) and gaze in awe at the serene yet majestic surroundings while worshiping.
After the service, enjoy some free time to explore the city at leisure and enjoy lunch (own expense). Return to your coach at the pre-arranged time, and then travel to Coimbra a historical town just less than an hour away. Stretch your legs on a walking tour around the city center, seeing its prestigious university and the Old Cathedral of Coimbra a glorious example of Romanesque architecture thats said to be the most important Roman Catholic building in Portugal.
Enjoy some free time to explore the city, perhaps visiting the University of Coimbra to see its famous old library. Entrance fees to all Coimbra attractions are at your own expense.
Make your way back to your coach and relax on your journey to Porto. Your tour finishes in the city center in the early evening.
Inclusions for Fatima And Coimbra Day Trip From Porto
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup
- Local guide
Exclusions for Fatima And Coimbra Day Trip From Porto
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fee to Coimbra University (approx. 6 euros)
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.