Favela Learning Experience And Atlantic Forest Hiking - Rio De Janeiro
OverviewTravel through Vidigal by either motorcycle or van with your guide on this 5-hour tour, stopping at different spots to learn about social projects that are transforming the local community. Continue on by hiking through the Atlantic rainforest to reach extraordinary viewpoints of Christ the Redeemer, the city, and the sea. Work your way back down through the favela, learning about the daily lives of the locals.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Free snacks included
Know More about this tour
After meeting your trilingual guide in a centrally located meeting point in Ipanema, you will hop on a local bus to make your way to the base of Vidigal.
From there, you can choose from two different transportation options. You can either ride a motorcycle taxi that winds up through the community or you can travel by van. Stop at the site of an urban revitalization garden project to learn about how it has helped transform the community.
Continue by making your way to the trail head and hike through the Atlantic rainforest. Your hike will take about 50 minutes each way and is of medium to high intensity, but you will reach an extraordinary viewpoint of the city and the ocean. Along the way, your guide will discuss the history of the favelas in Rio de Janeiro.
After admiring the breathtaking views of Christ the Redeemer and the city far below, you will make your way back down to a local restaurant for a snack. Here, you can enjoy either a juice or aai tasting.
Then, weave through the small streets of the favela to see how the locals live and why they have become such a close-knit community. Upon reaching the bottom of the favela, you will board the bus which will return you to the original meeting point in Ipanema.
Inclusions for Favela Learning Experience And Atlantic Forest Hiking
- Transportation to/from centrally located meeting point by bus
- Juice or Aai tasting
- Local multilingual guide who speaks English, Portuguese, and Spanish
Exclusions for Favela Learning Experience And Atlantic Forest Hiking
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
It is recommended that you bring athletic shoes, athletic clothing, water, sunscreen, and bug spray
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather (heavy rain, flooding, thunder and lightning), you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Pedra do Telgrafo Hiking Tour
- Small-Group Panoramic Bike Tour in Rio de Janeiro
- Buzios Day Trip from Rio de Janeiro Including Airport Transfer
- Rio de Janeiro Super Saver: Guanabara Bay Cruise with Barbecue Lunch and Christ Redeemer with Selaron Steps and Sugar Loaf
- Trekking at Pedra da Gavea in Rio de Janeiro
- Sugar Loaf Mountain Canoe Tour in Rio de Janeiro