Favela Tour Experience And Meeting Locals From The Community - Rio De Janeiro
OverviewThe favelas of Rio are well known for all the wrong reasons. Join this educational Rio de Janeiro tour to see this area which never makes it into the tourist brochures but is full of life, diversity, history, and community.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourIt's no secret that Rio de Janeiro is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Blessed with an incredibly stunning natural setting, Rio is famous for just how drop dead gorgeous it is. It's also just as famous for its poverty and often misunderstood shantytowns known as favelas.
This Rio favela tour will give you a local look into the real Rio, from its beautiful vistas to one of its favelas, made famous in Michael Jacksons They Dont Care About Us music video.
Accompanied by your local guide, step into the Santa Marta favela, and take a walk through the community. Meet locals and hear stories about what life is really like here. Navigate the narrow alleys, learn about local life, and dispel some of the myths surrounding these vibrant communities.
In the heart of it all are some of the most stunning views in the city. We'll take a moment and stop so you can take it all in - Guanabara Bay and Botafogo look best from up here. Now is a great opportunity to reflect on your favela tour and ask your local guide any questions you may have.
You've just experienced the real Rio - there's no turning back now!
Inclusions for Favela Tour Experience And Meeting Locals From The Community
- Local guide
Exclusions for Favela Tour Experience And Meeting Locals From The Community
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Maximum group size of 12 participants
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Buzios Day Trip from Rio de Janeiro Including Airport Transfer
- Rio de Janeiro Super Saver: Guanabara Bay Cruise with Barbecue Lunch and Christ Redeemer with Selaron Steps and Sugar Loaf
- Trekking at Pedra da Gavea in Rio de Janeiro
- Sugar Loaf Mountain Canoe Tour in Rio de Janeiro
- Small-Group Jungle Bike Tour from Rio de Janeiro
- Angra dos Reis and Ilha Grande Day Trip from Rio de Janeiro