Felucca Tour To Elephantine Island - Aswan
OverviewWith artifacts which date back to the predynastic periods, Elephantine Island is one of the most ancient sites in Egypt. Spend with Youregypttours.com some few hours exploring the largest ...
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
Know More about this tourWith artifacts which date back to the predynastic periods, Elephantine Island is one of the most ancient sites in Egypt. Spend a few hours with Youregypttours.com exploring the largest island of the region which has an important role on Egyptian history. Elephantine Island is the largest of the Aswan area islands, and is one of the most ancient sites in Egypt, with artifacts dating to predynastic periods. This is probably due to its location at the first Cataract of the Nile, which provided a natural boundary between Egypt and Nubia. As an island, it was also easily defensible. In fact, the ancient town located in the southern part of the island was also a fortress through much of it's history. At one time, there was a bridge from the mainland to the island. Elephantine is Greek for elephant. In ancient times, the Island, as well as the southern town, was called Abu, or Yabu, which also meant elephant. The town has also been referenced as Kom, after it's principle god of the island, Khnum (Khnemu). It is believed that the island received it's name because it was a major ivory trading center, though in fact, it was a major trading post of many commodities. There are large boulders in the river near the island which resembled bathing elephants, particularly from afar, and this too has been suggested as a reason for the island's name.
Please note: In the event of strong Nile currents, travel will be by motorboat rather than felucca for safety reasons.
Inclusions for Felucca Tour To Elephantine Island
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Felucca Tour To Elephantine Island
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.