Fethiye Shore Excursion: Private Tour To Tlos And Saklikent Gorge
OverviewWhen your ship is docked in Fethiye, marvel at the ancient ruins of Tlos and the spectacular Saklikent Gorge on this 6-hour private shore excursion. View the Lycian rock tombs and Roman relics of hilltop Tlos, and then head for Saklikent, Europes second longest gorge. As you walk between its colossal walls, soak up the refreshing shade, wade through streams, and perhaps cool off in waterfalls. Complete the experience with a riverside lunch (own expense) before your return to Fethiye. Enjoy personalized attention from your guide on this private shore excursion.
- All entrance fees included
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourWhen your ship docks in Fethiye, meet your private guide at the port and board your private, air-conditioned minivan. Then, enjoy the views of the Turkish countryside on your way to Tlos.
After roughly an hour, pull up at these ancient, hilltop ruins that mark what was an important Lycian settlement dating back to the 2nd century BC. As you climb the hill, hear how this Lycian site was subsequently inhabited by the Romans, Byzantines and the Ottomans up to the 19th century. On route, see rock-cut Lycian tombs, a Lycian fortress and a Roman market, bath, theater and stadium.
Continue to Saklikent Gorge, about one hour away by road. As you travel, listen to illuminating facts about this massive rock canyon whose name means hidden city in Turkish. Hear how it was carved from streams from the nearby Akda Mountain and how, at 11 miles (18km) long, it ranks as the second longest gorge in Europe.
When you arrive, perhaps rent some waterproof shoes (own expense) to hike through the streams that flow through the gorge. Then, set off with your guide along the cliffside boardwalk. After crossing a stream, soak up the deliciously cool shade and views over the towering cliffs as you trek through this breathtaking canyon. Youll need to wade through cold waters some may be waist-high but your guide will help and its part of the fun. Feel free to turn around when you wish or hike to the end to cool off in the refreshing waterfalls.
Before or after your leisurely hike, take a break for lunch (own expense) at one of the riverside restaurants at the gorge entrance its a magical place to eat and relax.
Afterward, return to Fethiye, where your shore excursion ends with a drop-off at the cruise port.
Please note: the order of activities as described above may be subject to change on the day of your tour.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to Fethiye cruise port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Fethiye Shore Excursion: Private Tour To Tlos And Saklikent Gorge
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Covered by Viators worry-free policy
Exclusions for Fethiye Shore Excursion: Private Tour To Tlos And Saklikent Gorge
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Waterproof shoes (available to hire at Saklikent Gorge)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
It is highly recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes
Bring waterproof shoes if you wish to hike through the waters of Saklikent Gorge
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.