OverviewSkip the hotel restaurant in favor of a truly local dinner activity in Grenada! Fish Friday in the coastal village of Gouyave is a weekly street festival that will give you a fun, exciting and unique look at local island life. And with this round-trip hotel transport, you can leave the winding roads to a driver while you focus on the culinary pleasures ahead of you: rows of street vendors selling fresh lobster, shrimp, snapper, marlin and an array of other seafood. Live music and other cultural entertainment complete the experience. All food and drink is an additional cost.
Know More about this tourYour Fish Friday experience starts with hotel pickup by coach for the drive to Gouyave, about 12 miles (20 km) north of St Georges on Grenadas west coast.
A village that knows its seafood, the fishing hub of Gouyave began its weekly Fish Friday tradition to promote community development and to keep a bit of its annual June 29th Fishermans Birthday celebration going all year long. When you arrive, you are free to walk around the street festival on your own and soak up the lively atmosphere often called the town that never sleeps, Gouyave throws a good party.
Wander up and down the streets that are closed to traffic, checking out the many stalls selling heaps of freshly caught seasonal seafood, from lobster, conch and shrimp to barbecued snapper, cod fish cakes and jerked marlin. While you eat, listen to live music, mingle with locals and, most importantly, have a good time.
Beverages like fresh juice and beer are also available for purchase (all food and drinks are at your own expense). When its time to leave, return to the coach for the drive back to your hotel. A guide is present at the festival if you need assistance or information, but this is mainly an independent activity.
Inclusions for Fish Friday Festival: Round-Trip Transport To Gouyave
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by coach
Exclusions for Fish Friday Festival: Round-Trip Transport To Gouyave
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note: All food and drinks are at your own expense
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Note: some fish are seasonal and not always available
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.