OverviewDiscover the unspoiled beauty of Fitzroy Island during a full-day excursion that includes a guided kayak trip in the morning, and free time to explore on your own in the afternoon. After a leisurely morning paddling and snorkeling around paradise, take the afternoon to try a range of water and beach activities, or just relax on the beach.
Know More about this tourCatch the high-speed ferry from Cairns and arrive at Fitzroy Island in just 45 minutes. Walk to the activities hut located close to the ferry landing to meet your guide for your kayak tour. After introductions, receive safety instructions and your gear, which includes snorkeling equipment.
With your gear in hand, it’s time to pair up with a friend and hit the water in double kayaks. Follow your guide through the warm turquoise waters and learn fascinating facts about the ecology, history and marine life of Fitzroy Island and the Great Barrier Reef.
Paddle past pristine coastline and tempting beaches with lots of time to stop for snorkeling. Your guide can answer any questions about the colorful fish, coral and other natural features that you encounter in this slice of paradise.
After about three hours of kayaking and snorkeling, return to the beach where you started. There you are provided with a tasty picnic lunch that you can take with you to enjoy during your free time in the afternoon. Lunch includes a chicken wrap, a ham and cheese roll, fresh fruit, an energy bar, juice or other beverage and bottled water. The vegetarian lunch option can be requested when you book.
For the rest of the afternoon, enjoy free time to do as you please. You may want to walk to the lookout point for panoramic views, head to Nudey Beach for more snorkeling (you can keep your snorkel gear for the afternoon) or purchase a cold drink at the bar. At the designated time, catch the ferry to the mainland after a day in paradise on the Great Barrier Reef.
Inclusions for Fitzroy Island Sea Kayaking
- Round-trip ferry
- Guided kayak tour with all necessary equipment
- Use of snorkel gear
- Use of stinger suit (November to May)
- Picnic lunch
- Fitzroy Ferry levy and EMC (Environmental Management Charge)
Exclusions for Fitzroy Island Sea Kayaking
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Minimum age is 14 years
Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian 18 years or over when traveling to the island
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
Please bring sandals/reef shoes
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Cairns Self-Guided Audio Tour
- Great Barrier Reef Scenic Flight And Green Island Day Trip From Cairns
- Cairns Sunset Cruise And Optional Dinner
- Tjapukai Indigenous Culture Experience And Palm Cove Day Trip From Cairns
- Herberton Historical Village Day Trip From Cairns Including Kuranda And Barron Falls
- Cairns To Sydney Hop-on Hop-off Travel Pass
- Small-Group Afternoon Cairns City Tour With Dinner Cruise
- Kuranda Guided Interpretive Rainforest Walk Including Refreshments
- Kuranda Day Trip From Cairns By Scenic Railway And Skyrail Including Army Duck Rainforest Tour
- Behana Gorge Waterfalls Canyoning Tour From Cairns