Flavors And Murals Of The Mission District Of San Francisco
OverviewThe Mission might be San Francisco’s oldest neighbourhood, but this district has turned into one of the trendiest parts of the city. Walk among the hippest locals in town on this San Francisco food tour that combines artisanal eats with some of the most beautiful murals and legendary street art in the city.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free snacks included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourYour San Francisco food-tasting tour of the Mission District kicks off with a breakfast of coffee and donuts. Sink your teeth into anartisan-madetreat fashioned fromlocally sourced, organic ingredients. Choose from an eclectic selection of donuts, ranging from bacon maple apple to chocolate rose tolemon and thyme, perfectly paired with your cup 'o joe.
Your guide introduces you to the neighborhood and its legendary food scene. Stop at alocal panaderia, or Mexican bakery, emblematic of theMission District'sLatino culture. Bite intopan dulce, or Mexican sweet bread, made fresh daily, and wash it down with refreshingagua fresca, a blended fruit drink.
Continue on to see the murals located along Balmy Avenue, an area with artistic roots datingback several decades. Then sample pie from a local shop, and find your own slice of joy instrawberry rhubarb or perhaps a roasted cauliflower and black olive quiche made with free-range eggs and organic dairy.
After a tasteof these delights, hop on a bus (ticket at own expense) andtravel a few minutes down the heart of Mission Street, making your way to one of the oldest and most beloved taquerias in the neighborhood for a sampling.
Thenproceed on footto Clarion Alley, where you'llfind the second largest collection of murals in the Mission more contemporary than Balmy Avenue and lined with colorful graffiti. Your guide takes you to thecenter of the city's hipster scene at the Missions best thrift stores andone of the trendiest bakeries where you can grab a finalsnack.
Concludeyour 2.5-hour food tour atDolores Park and the nearby Mission Dolores church. Spend as much time as you like here, learning about the history and stories that built San Francisco.
Inclusions for Flavors And Murals Of The Mission District Of San Francisco
- Local guide
- Food samples at 5 different locations
Exclusions for Flavors And Murals Of The Mission District Of San Francisco
- $2 bus fare
- Gratuities for your guide (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Small group of a maximum of 12 people
Casual clothing is appropriate for this tour
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour. Please select child above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if youll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.