Floating Markets Of Damnoen Saduak - Bangkok
OverviewThe real floating market is the one at Damnoen Saduak, around 110 kilometres west of Bangkok. A trip to this Thai phenomenon is like traveling back to the ancient times of the Siam Kingdom, where colourful clad merchants paddle along the narrow canals.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourWe will pick you up in the early morning from your hotel lobby and accompanied by your guide and driver, we head out in the direction of the Ratchaburi province to the Damnoen Saduak Floating Markets, one of Thailands icons. It will take approximately 2 hours to reach the marketing and buzzing place is at its best in the early morning before the crowds arrive and the heat of the day builds up.
The Damnoen Saduak Floating Market dates back to 1866 when King Rama IV ordered that a canal 32 kilometres long be dug at Damnoen Saduak to connect the Mae Klong and Tacheen Rivers (his reason for doing so lies in the fact that the quality of the soil on the banks of the canal is excellent for growing many kinds of fruits and vegetables including Malacca grape, Chinese grapefruit, mangos, bananas, and coconuts). The Floating Market is an ideal place for tourists to see the old style and traditional way of selling and buying fruits, vegetables and other from small boats. Tourists will also be able to see traditional Thai houses and the way locals use boats in their everyday lives.
During your visit, there will be lots of activity and bargaining is part of the fun of the sale. The markets popularity among visitors has grown over the years and outside the traditional means of selling and trading food and drinks, souvenir shops around the market are home to some of the best local handicraft one can buy.
We head back to Bangkok where our guide and driver will drop you off at your booked hotel in the Thai capital.
Inclusions for Floating Markets Of Damnoen Saduak
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Floating Markets Of Damnoen Saduak
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
All sales related to this product are final and non-refundable. In case you wish to cancel the reservation you will be charged 100% cancellation fees.
You Might Also Like
- Suvarnabhumi airport to Don Muang Airport
- Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport to Huahin Hotel
- Bangkok Dinosaur Planet Theme Park
- Van on disposal within Bangkok area
- Bangkok Hotel to Koh Chang Hotel SIC
- Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport - Bangkok Hotel
- Hua Hin Hotel to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Bangkok Airport Shared Arrival Transfer