OverviewVisit Florence on day trip from Rome and see its top attractions with an expert guide at your side! Start with a guided tour of the incredible Accademia Gallery, seeing Michelangelos David and Botticellis Madonna and Child, and then explore the city on a comprehensive walking tour. Gaze in awe at Brunelleschis Dome at Florence Duomo and then finish your time in Florence with a visit to one of its legendary leather-making schools to see a time-honored craft in action.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Hotel pickup included
- Led by a local guide
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourStart your day with a pickup from your central Rome hotel, or alternatively, hop aboard your coach in the center of town, near Rome Termini Station. Leave Rome and travel north to the picture-perfect region of Tuscany, passing through the green valley surrounding Tevere River and hills blanketed with olive groves and vineyards. Your destination of the day is beautiful Florence – the region’s equally charming capital.
First stop in the city is the world-famous Accademia Gallery (Gallerie dell'Accademia ), home to Michelangelo’s original David sculpture, which, of course, you will see on your tour! Head inside to see the Accademia’s highlights with your expert guide, learning about Michelangelo’s unfinished Quattro Prigioni – a sculpture of prisoners trying to free themselves from the marble in which they are carved – and see Botticelli’s Madonna and Child among other noteworthy works.
Leave the museum and set off on your walking tour to see top city attractions like Florence Duomo (Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore). Admire the cathedral’s distinctive orange dome, designed by Renaissance supremo Fillipo Brunelleschi, and then admire Giotto’s Bell Tower – another Renaissance masterpiece.
Stop near Piazza della Signoria to enjoy lunch in a typical Florentine restaurant, and then continue your walking tour to the Basilica of Santa Croce to see where Michelangelo is buried. Finally, visit one of Florence’s famous leather-making schools, where you’ll also learn about other ancient Tuscan crafts such as gold metal work and mosaic making.
Return to your coach with your guide and return to Rome, finishing your tour back at your hotel. Alternatively, you can finish your tour with a drop off at Via Veneto, Piazza Barberini, Piazza Venezia or Piazza della Repubblica; simply let your guide know on the day.
Click on the 'View Additional Info' button below to see the tour's meeting point, near Termini Station.
Inclusions for Florence Day Trip From Rome
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 50 people)
- Local guide
- Entrance fee to Accademia Museum
- Hotel pick-up (only for certain hotels located in central Rome - to be reconfirmed by the supplier after booking)
Exclusions for Florence Day Trip From Rome
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note: This is a Multilingual Tour
Not wheelchair accessible
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers (8 people) to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.