Florence For Beginners - Best Walking Tour
OverviewExperience Florence like a local with the company of an enthusiastic and knowledgeable local guide. Enjoy a small group of max 8 people to see Piazza, plazza and mercato all put together! Join this2-hour walking tour in Florence without getting into any museums. Learn about theexquisite art and architecture in Florence as you walk the streets and enjoy perfect food, friendly people, lovely weather and the stunning art. Uncover a deeper understanding of the history, wealth and spirit of this UNESCO listed Renaissance city . Seebeneath the touristy veneer surrounding the main highlights of Florence. Immerse yourself in the very atmosphere, history and culture of this glorious Italian city on our exceptionalFlorence for beginners - best walking tour.
Know More about this tourJoin the groupin front of the Accademia and meet yourinformative and friendly local guide who will take you on a journey of discovery that few tourists ever get to experience.
Start with thethe Piazza della Signoria near the impressive Palazzo Vecchio where you will learn how the square got its name. A short stroll away youll find yourself among the pint-sized jewellery shops as you cross the River Arno via the Ponte Vecchio. Learn how the mediaeval bridge was intended to be an important city defence.
Enjoy the fascinating tale about the bridges hidden passageway that was built for the wealthy Cosimo I de Medici.
See the inscription by Dante marking the site of the Amidel murder and absorb 2,000 years of history as you visit the Roman Forum, now the Piazza della Repubblica.
Learn about the Renaissance awakening of artistic and cultural appreciation in Florence during the 15th century and hear about residents such as Machiavelli, Botticelli, Michelangelo, Donatello and Petrarch and the mark they left through their literary and artistic talents.
Discoverlesser-known spots such as the artisanal Oltrano Quarter where you will spot some wonderful backstreet cafes and delis to return to later. Dive down narrow passageways to emerge in quiet quarters of the city where everyday life rumbles on at an unhurried pace.
Join the hustle and bustle in the Mercato Centrale where fresh produce, cheese, meat and fish provide a wonderful aroma such as only Italian foods can generate! Smell the leather as you walk through the Mercato Nuovo and learn the stories of tanners and leathersmiths who relied on the river for their livelihoods.
Our Florence For Beginners - Best Walking Tourtouches on all the senses as you find hidden nooks and delightful experiences that few visitors ever get to see.
Inclusions for Florence For Beginners - Best Walking Tour
- Professional art historian guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Florence For Beginners - Best Walking Tour
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Guided Truffle Hunt in Tuscany with Light Gourmet Lunch
- Verona and Lake Garda Day Trip from Florence: 18 to 35s
- Tuscan Walk and Hunt for Truffles
- Florence Bike Rental
- Half-day Wine Tasting Trip to Chianti with Guide from Florence
- Florence Antiquarian Houses Private Art Tour
- Private Tour: Archaeological Museum of Florence
- Medici Chapels Private Tour