Florence Gourmet Food Tour: Truffles, Chocolate, Gelato, Olive Oil And Wine
OverviewPamper your palate on a 2.5-hour gourmet food tour of Florence! While exploring the pretty city with a local guide passionate about Tuscan cuisine sample decadent delights and learn about the region's reputation as the larder of Italy. Visit several of the citys top food stores, meet friendly owners and try sumptuous specialties like truffle panini, artisan chocolate, olive oil, gelato and focaccia bread. Glasses of prosecco and Chianti are also included.
- All-inclusive tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in central Florence, and then set off on your leisurely paced walking tour, visiting several specialty food shops around town while learning about Tuscanys gastronomic heritage. The regions love affair with food and wine is founded on a deep respect for its produce, where raw materials such as juicy plump Tuscan olives have been nurtured for centuries.
Start with a visit to a delicatessen that specializes in foraging and selling truffles, one of the regions highly prized natural ingredients. Sip on a glass of zesty crisp prosecco (the Italians answer to Champagne) and soak up the bubbles with a panino tartufato a delicate pt sandwich seasoned to perfection with slivers of the gourmet fungi.
Stroll to an artisan chocolate shop nearby and treat your sweet tooth to a chocolate-tasting session. Savor silky-soft nuggets of the sweet treat, noting the rich flavors present in high-quality chocolate, and then head out of the shop to visit an olive oil boutique.
Popular with locals and visitors alike, the high-end shop specializes in the sale of quality Tuscan olive oils and balsamic vinegars. Sit down for a tasting with the shop's charming owner and learn about the different varieties of fruity and piquant oils on offer.
Take a wander along the pretty cobblestone alleyways that make up the backstreets of the city, and stop for a gelato from a locally loved gelateria before winding up inside a wine bar. Sip on a glass of Chianti one of Tuscanys typically robust and tannic reds and nibble on chunks of warm focaccia bread to finish your foodie adventure.
Inclusions for Florence Gourmet Food Tour: Truffles, Chocolate, Gelato, Olive Oil And Wine
- Food tastings
- Wine tastings
- Local guide
Exclusions for Florence Gourmet Food Tour: Truffles, Chocolate, Gelato, Olive Oil And Wine
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved
For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Livorno Arrival Transfer: Cruise Port to Central Florence
- Private Tour: Chianti Region Wine Tasting
- Private Departure Transfer: Florence Train Station
- Experience Florence: Tuscan Dinner in a Florentine Home
- Skip the Line Hard Rock Cafe Florence
- Florence Day Trip to Chianti and San Gimignano
- San Gimignano and Volterra Tour by Private Luxury Van
- Private Transfer: Florence to Venice with Stop in Bologna