Florence Guided Walking Tour With Accademia Gallery And Michelangelo's David
OverviewTour Length: 3 hours.Dates: every season.Departure Point: From your accommodation. Please note that the rate includes a pick-up and drop-off in Florence. Driver can be arranged to pick you from the place you stay in any region within Tuscany.Departure Time: between 8.00-12.00 am or between 1.00-5.00 pmDays of Week: From Tuesday to Sunday. Monday the Accademy Gallery is closed.Note: This tour is offered by a Licensed Tour Guide, specialized in Foreign Languages and in Art History
Know More about this tourProduct Description
The City Tour including a visit to the Accademia is a perfect match for the tourists who want to discover the magic universe of the great Michelangelo Buonarroti, but also the most important tourist sights in Florence.
The tour starts directly at youraddress (meet your guide), but the real stop is The Accademia Gallery, where we will discover Michelangelos masterpiece, the David. I will tell you the story of his troubled life perfectly reflected in his art.
The guided tour of Florence continues in Piazza San Giovanni and Piazza del Duomo, the religious centre of the city. Right next to the Baptistery rises to the sky the Cathedral Santa Maria del Fiore and Giottos Bell Tower, the symbols of the power and glory of Florence since Middle Age. There are many hidden surprises in this area and we will discover them and enjoy a special treasure hunt!
The next stop, Piazza della Repubblica, is just a few steps from Piazza San Giovanni. The piazza is tourists favorite place for a good Italian coffee immersed in a unique atmosphere created by the historical cafes.
If you are superstitious and you want to come back to Florence some other time, I will show you a funny fountain that will make your wish come true!
After this doze of art, history, curiosities its time for a walk on Ponte Vecchio, the Paradise of jewelry lovers, but also the oldest bridge in Florence. We will also admire the unique Vasari Corridor built for the Grand Duke of Florence, Cosimo de Medici in only 5 months.
If you will be able to take your eyes off the elegant windows of the boutiques on the bridge, we will continue our guided tour of Florence in Piazza della Signoria, an open air museum unique in Tuscany and even in Italy. Here we will admire Palazzo Vecchio, the actual municipality Centre, one of the most important palaces in Florence that watch over the piazza and its activity since the 13th century. I will also reveal you some of the secrets of this place; about Michelangelo, Benvenuto Cellini and Girolamo Savonarola.
We will end our guided tour of Florence in Piazza Santa Croce, the Pantheon of the great Florentine and Tuscan personalities.
*ACCADEMIA TICKET with reservation entrance (skip the line) there are included in the final price
3HRS PRIVATE WALKING TOURS with our licensed private tour guide included Accademia (David) reservation tickets (skip the line)
Inclusions for Florence Guided Walking Tour With Accademia Gallery And Michelangelo's David
- Entrance fees
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local taxes
- Tour escort/host
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Private tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Florence Guided Walking Tour With Accademia Gallery And Michelangelo's David
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Dress code is smart casual
A small amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Florence & Dante Game tour - Art Treasure Hunt - Family Tour
- COLOSSEUM TOUR FROM FLORENCE BY HIGH-SPEED TRAIN WITH HOP ON HOP OFF BUS
- VATICAN MUSEUMS INCLUDING SISTINE CHAPEL FROM FLORENCE BY HIGH-SPEED TRAIN
- COLOSSEUM & VATICAN TOUR FROM FLORENCE BY HIGH-SPEED TRAIN & HOP ON HOP OFF BUS
- FIRENZE WALKING TOUR AND CHIANTI TASTING WITH ACCADEMIA OR UFFIZI OPTION
- Duomo Express Guided Tour with No-Wait Access
- Private tour - Palatina Gallery and Raphael Masterpieces
- Guided Truffle Hunt in Tuscany with Light Gourmet Lunch