OverviewItaly does a mean cured meat, bread, and cheese combo. Find out for yourself on this Florence tour filled with the good stuff, namely: vino, porchetta , ricotta, mozzarella, and other items of cheesy goodness.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free snacks included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourAfter meeting your guide in Piazza della Repubblica, jump right in to the Florence food scene by checking out typical delicatessens where Florentines do their daily shop for fresh produce. Most of the vendors in the delicatessens are the owners of the shops who specialize in the products that they sell, making them the ultimate food experts.
Head to an Italian shop that specializes in Parmigiano Reggiano, balsamic vinegar, and prosciutto from some of the best areas in Italy. Enjoy a cappuccino at a boutique chocolate shop, and, of course, try a chocolate or two while you're there. You'll also stop by the oldest wine cellar in Florence, which sits right by the iconic Duomo.
Continue by paying a visit to one of Florence’s most vibrant marketplaces. See locals shop for their daily meals and check out a selection of fresh buffalo mozzarella, ricotta, and other cheeses. Taste cured Tuscan prosciutto sliced by hand, fresh bread, and roasted porchetta, as well as sample olives direct from the farmer’s home on the Amalfi Coast. As you go, learn about the traditions behind these foods from your guide.
In the indoor part of the market, pass stalls filled with handmade pasta, cheese, fish, meat, and poultry. Top off your tour with a glass of wine (or Italian soda) accompanied by toasted bread and seasonal toppings. After two hours, your tour will conclude at your original departure point.
Inclusions for Florence Markets And Delis Visit Including Food Tasting
- Walking tour
- Professional guide
- Food tastings
Exclusions for Florence Markets And Delis Visit Including Food Tasting
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Small group of a maximum of 12 people
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.