Florence Opera Del Duomo Museum Guided Visit
OverviewExplore the Opera del Duomo Museum on this 1.5-hour tour. Discover the worlds most important collection of medieval and Florentine Renaissance sculptures. After the tour you can linger in the museum to take in more works of art, and then, a few steps away you can try delicious Chianti wine and cheese with balsamic vinegar.
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tour
Meet your guide in front of the Opera del Duomo Museum, before heading inside the explore the immense collection of 750 sublime works of art created over the centuries.
Your tour will begin in the great exhibition hall of a former theater. The installation here is a reproduction of the Piazza del Duomo as it was in the 1300s. On the monumental Gothic faade, you will see 40 magnificent sculptures, including works by Donatello, Nanni di Banco, and Arnolfo di Cambio, all set at their original medieval height.
Then, proceed through halls that host two of the museums most important masterpieces: the deeply moving Piet del Duomo by Michelangelo as well as the heart-rending Penitent Magdalene by Donatello.
Continue along the first floor to see a series of high-reliefs and 16 statues from Giottos Bell Tower. Then visit the amazing Sala della Cupola, home to wooden models of the dome dating back to the 1400s and the Lanterna by Filippo Brunelleschi. Then visit the Galleria delle Cantorie to see amazing sculptures by Donatello and Luca della Robbia.
The last stop will be at the Gallery of the Silver Altar, home to the Altar of St. John and the Cross, which contains a fragment of the Christ Cross. They are masterpieces of medieval and Renaissance, crafted in silver. Those who wish, may go up to the panoramic terrace to get a close-up look at the magnificent Brunelleschis Dome.
After your tour has ended, feel free to stay in the museum. Also, just a few steps away from the Cathedral Square, you can taste delicious Chianti wine as well as cheese with balsamic vinegar.
Inclusions for Florence Opera Del Duomo Museum Guided Visit
- Professional English speaking Guide
- Museum entrance ticket with advanced booking fee (guaranteed admission and skip the general entry line)
- 48-hour entrance ticket to the other monuments of the Great Museum of the Cathedral Complex
- Chianti wine with cheese and balsamic vinegar tasting
Exclusions for Florence Opera Del Duomo Museum Guided Visit
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Additional food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The Tour is English only
During periods of increased inflow of visitors, despite our reservations, admission to the museums may be subject to delays, mainly due to security reasons
A maximum of 20 people per tour
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. Sandals, hats, and sunglasses are also not allowed. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Access to the monuments is not allowed with bulky bags and backpacks
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.