Florence River Cruise On A Traditional Barchetto
OverviewCruise along the Arno River and under the incredible Ponte Vecchio, Florences famous bridge, on a barchetto, a small traditional boat! Florences answer to the Venetian gondola, your barchetto is one of only 4 originals still operating in Florence. Savor this unique experience with a glass of chilled Prosecco (Italian sparkling wine) while passing beautiful Florence attractions like the Corsini Palace and the Santa Trinita Bridge.
- Free drinks included
- Get inside tips from a local
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Know More about this tourAs you make your way from your central Florence meeting point to the riverside, your local historian guide will introduce you to the many charms of the city! Walk through the distinctive Piazza Signoria, often considered the political hub of Florence, and pass the Uffizi Gallery before seeing the Ponte Vecchio, Florences famous bridge that stretches across the Arno.
At the embarkation point, hop aboard your boat, one of Florences rare original barchettos, and head down the Arno on a one-hour cruise. Meaning 'little boat' in Italian, the barchetto is a wooden gondola-style boat that was originally used (centuries ago) to carry building materials for Florence's city walls down the river.
While your guide unveils the secrets of the beautiful palaces that frame the riverside, your barcaiolo, a true Florentine boat-handler, will expertly guide your barchetto with a long wooden oar.
Relaxing with a glass of Prosecco, you'll glide past the Uffizi Gallery, one of the most famous art museums in Italy, before sailing under the unique Ponte Vecchio. As you cruise, your guide will talk about the mysterious Vasari Corridor, the enclosed passageway that lines the Ponte Vecchio, and will explain the town's history. You will also see countless other Florence attractions during your cruise, such as the Santa Trinita Bridge and Corsini Palace with its stunning Baroque architecture.
Inclusions for Florence River Cruise On A Traditional Barchetto
- 1-hour Arno River boat ride
- One glass of Prosecco wine per person
- Tour booklet
Exclusions for Florence River Cruise On A Traditional Barchetto
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The tour runs rain or shine (but please see below).
The tour will never be cancelled due to rain.
We will do our best to proceed with the bike tour, however, in case of heavy rain, we might decide to stop the bike tour and proceed with a walking tour instead (or just start with a walking tour if the weather does not allow to use the bikes at the time of the meeting point). Should the weather get better during the tour, we will try to get back on board, when possible.
Guest options on rainy days:
Proceed with the tour hoping for clearing weather - with the understanding that no refund or discount will be given if bikes are not ridden due to rain, or if the bike tour is abbreviated due to rain. We will do our best to get you on a bike, weather permitting.
Rain check (of the same amount clients paid) to be used the following day or at any other time, subject to availability. The Rain check is a voucher given to client. The voucher is transferable and may be sold or given to others to use at a future date and lasts up to 1 year from date. It has a value that can be possible used in any other tour provided by our company.
Please note that clients' safety and comfort are of utmost priority, and proper rain gear is mandatory for guests choosing to "ride in the possible rain".
We ask clients to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour departure, to check the weather conditions and choose accordingly.
No-shows will not be refunded."
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Florence & Dante Game tour - Art Treasure Hunt - Family Tour
- COLOSSEUM TOUR FROM FLORENCE BY HIGH-SPEED TRAIN WITH HOP ON HOP OFF BUS
- VATICAN MUSEUMS INCLUDING SISTINE CHAPEL FROM FLORENCE BY HIGH-SPEED TRAIN
- COLOSSEUM & VATICAN TOUR FROM FLORENCE BY HIGH-SPEED TRAIN & HOP ON HOP OFF BUS
- FIRENZE WALKING TOUR AND CHIANTI TASTING WITH ACCADEMIA OR UFFIZI OPTION
- Duomo Express Guided Tour with No-Wait Access
- FAST-TRACK ON ARRIVAL: Personal Assistant & Porter at Florence SMN Station
- Florence Full Day Tour with David, Duomo, Uffizi, Ponte Vecchio and More