This 2.5 hour walking city tour will take you to the highlights of the city of Florence led by a local expert guide.
This tour is a great introduction to the city and you will see Santa Croce Church, the Bargello Palace, Piazza della Signoria, Ponte Vecchio, Piazza della Repubblica, Palazzo Vecchio, the Porcellino, the Cathedral, Giotto's Bell Tower, the church of San Lorenzo and the local market. The guide will give you also precious suggestions on how to spend your holiday in Florence and where to eat.
- Excellent value for money
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour
Take a fun and informative 2.5 hour walking tour through the streets and squares of Florence with a local expert guide, who will explain you the history of the city and the wonders of the Renaissance in a journey through the key masterpieces of the Florentine architecture.
This tour is a great introduction to the city and takes you to all the highlights, monuments, squares, markets.
Stop at the Church of Santa Croce and walk inside its marvelous cloister, then go ahead to Piazza dei Peruzzi and Bargello Palace, a great example of Medieval architecture not often included in guided tours. Walking by the Porcellino (little pig) market, you’ll reach Ponte Vecchio, the most ancient bridge in Florence ,dating back to the fourteenth century.
Feast your eyes on the heart-stopping view over the hills that circle Florence, and then listen to a detailed description of the bridge’s history and the Vasari Corridor, which radically modified the shops (botteghe) placed on the bridge.
Later on, the tour reaches the political heart of Florence, Piazza della Signoria. On one side, you will enjoy the renowned Uffizi Gallery, once the Great Duke’s headquarters, then admire Palazzo Vecchio, the historic seat of the Florentine Government, on the other side of the square.
After an enjoyable diversion that will let you admire the medieval tower houses of the oldest part of Florence, you will reach to the stunning Piazza Duomo, with breath-taking views of the Florence Cathedral and its perfectly preserved, unique marble engravings, and the Brunelleschi’s Dome above all, a miracle of architecture, symbol of the Renaissance movement in Florence due its daring design and even more challenging realization.
Here you will see also Giotto’s bell tower, a perfect prototype of the 1300’s architecture, and the Baptistery, to admire its magnificent Porta del Paradiso. The tour will end in front of the church of San Lorenzo so you will be able to explore on your own the surrounding market.
Inclusions for Florence Sightseeing Walking Tour With A Local Guide
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Florence Sightseeing Walking Tour With A Local Guide
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.